Jerry Lee Lewis is still alive...

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm going to be honest... For some reason, I thought he died a few years ago, but I may have been conflating Jerry Lee with Carl Perkins.

Also, if it took until 2022 for the Country Music Hall of Fame to induct him, then it is a sham organization.

Jul 26, 2021
It’s funny to me to see this thread. I was talking to a guy at work last Friday that claimed he new Jerry Lee Lewis. I said I thought he was dead. He proceeded to show me multiple pics of him and his family at JLL’s house. Thought to myself, No ****??

Reactions: Anon1664848116

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
imacelebrityau GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

Reactions: Dawg1976

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Back in the 90's living in Memphis I knew a guy who was friends with his daughter (not sure how many kids Jerry sired) but he claims he went to his house and Jerry was passed out on the couch nekid with only a robe but his junk was on full display. LOL. TIFWIW.

Back on 7-4-86, I went to the Yankees game that had fireworks post game with Fats Domino warming up The Killer. Several of the folks that went went us left after Fats saying "Not interested in the cousin marrying redneck" LOL. I kept telling folks they were about to be entertained and blown away but they were reluctant to believe my Mississippi A$$. Fats was great, But Jerry Lee Tore Yankee Stadium Down to Pieces. Was amazing seeing all those New Yorkers flipping out on their feet dancing and having such a great time. All my friends constantly reminding me of how right I was about The Killer.

Last edited:
Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I'm going to be honest... For some reason, I thought he died a few years ago, but I may have been conflating Jerry Lee with Carl Perkins.

Also, if it took until 2022 for the Country Music Hall of Fame to induct him, then it is a sham organization.

I thought he was as well. But ... Elvis is still alive, so ....

• Haha
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
I have a friend who lives in the Bridgetown Community Nesbit, MS just a bit north of JLL’s home. I drive by there quite often. People used to write on Elvis’s stone wall outside of Graceland. People go spray paint their names on the outside of Jerry’s wooden fence. LOL His cousin Mickey Gilley but Jimmy Swaggart still kickin’. Jerry’s prolly doin’ better than a lot if us!

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Back in the 90's living in Memphis I knew a guy who was friends with his daughter (not sure how many kids Jerry sired) but he claims he went to his house and Jerry was passed out on the couch nekid with only a robe but his junk was on full display. LOL. TIFWIW.

Back on 7-4-86, I went to the Yankees game that had fireworks post game with Fats Domino warming up The Killer. Several of the folks that went went us left after Fats saying "Not interested in the cousin marrying redneck" LOL. I kept telling folks they were about to be entertained and blown away but they were reluctant to believe my Mississippi A$$. Fats was great, But Jerry Lee Tore Yankee Stadium Down to Pieces. Was amazing seeing all those New Yorkers flipping out on their feet dancing and having such a great time. All my friends constantly reminding me of how right I was about The Killer.

According to urban legend, Jerry’s son is Jason D Williams. Plays piano like Jerry Lee and puts on an awesome show. He plays at Lafayette’s in Memphis the night before Thanksgiving every year. I recommend checking it out.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Double Dawg

Mar 3, 2008
According to urban legend, Jerry’s son is Jason D Williams. Plays piano like Jerry Lee and puts on an awesome show. He plays at Lafayette’s in Memphis the night before Thanksgiving every year. I recommend checking it out.
I have wondered about this over the years. Way too similar in style & mannerisms to not be. Watched JDW perform after Saint Paddy’s Day parade when it started & ended at the fairgrounds. Somebody in the know said that they had a hard time finding a piano for him to use that night because he has a reputation for leaving them almost destroyed after a performance.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
He's back in Tupelo?
Nope, The Krispy Kreme across the street from Graceland. I still think they are still making peanut butter and nanner samiches fried up in butter there too. It wasn't the uppers and downers he took; I mean dude died on the toilet straining.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login