Jersey Jerry's halfcourt shot/ Dave losing 70k / Rico mop duty

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
They should do events like this more often. Dave and Dan have had better nights at the table, but it was something different and entertaining none the least. Losing 70k on a November college basketball game was clearly the reason Portnoy was totally checked out in the second half, and it showed. I wish he would have given the normal performance but it was authentic, and that's why the company is worth half a billion. They don't pretend to be skilled sports commentators and have made themselves culture warriors over the years.

As for the performance on the court, I'm wooly as **** about this season.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
They should do events like this more often. Dave and Dan have had better nights at the table, but it was something different and entertaining none the least. Losing 70k on a November college basketball game was clearly the reason Portnoy was totally checked out in the second half, and it showed. I wish he would have given the normal performance but it was authentic, and that's why the company is worth half a billion. They don't pretend to be skilled sports commentators and have made themselves culture warriors over the years.

As for the performance on the court, I'm wooly as **** about this season.
I'm not a big Barstool fan, but last night's broadcast was entertaining. I wouldn't want to watch conference games broadcast by them or tournament games, but it was fine and gave Mississippi State a lot of exposure to the Stoolies (?). Seeing Dave Portnoy's life force sucked out in real-time was worth the tune in alone.

Reactions: SouthMsDawg02

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I'm not a big Barstool fan, but last night's broadcast was entertaining. I wouldn't want to watch conference games broadcast by them or tournament games, but it was fine and gave Mississippi State a lot of exposure to the Stoolies (?). Seeing Dave Portnoy's life force sucked out in real-time was worth the tune in alone.
It would be nice if they had audio options where you could toggle back and forth, one more traditional but still fun and one more fun/betting focused

SouthMsDawg02

Oct 2, 2023
I think Big Cat and the Play by play guy would have been better than Portnoy constantly complaining

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login