Jesse Carver starting friday?

GOPdog

Jun 24, 2007
Veazey says its him or Forrest Moore. If we let Carver start, it's the equivalent of conceding the game before first pitch.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I thought it was going to be Crosswhite. Doesn't surprise me since Crosswhite has been ******. I did think it was unusual that Lee Swindle was starting today against Valley, but I didn't read a whole lot into it. If it were me, I definately would go with Moore.

Edit to say that I think we can move Crosswhite to the bullpen and he would probably pitch a lot better.

benatmsu

May 28, 2007
but why are we not using Lalor as a weekend starter? Wasn't a midweek starter last year or the year before? I mean, don't get me wrong, he's no Cy Young, but Carver? Come on...

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I would definately give Lalor a shot, and I would say there's a pretty darn good chance that he will before the season is out with the way we're pitching right now.

I do think that I remember someone saying that Lalor was more comfortable coming out of the bullpen, so that is likely the biggest factor.

lostdawg6

Jan 7, 2008
I think that Lalor is better suited for long relief and God knows we have needed that this year.

G

Goat Holder

He has absolutely nothing on his fastball. No velocity, no movement, just cheese.

I think Andy Wilson should be given a chance.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah. Pigott to pitch Saturday. I guess Polk doesn't want to use him on only 4 days rest. I don't see why not though. Major league pitchers pitch with 4 days rest all the time. Maybe Polk is just conceding the Friday game to y'all and Lynn. If I were Bianco, I'd sure consider moving Lynn to Saturday and going with Satterwhite Friday.

coursesuper

Nov 1, 2007
Avoid the other teams no.1 for your best guy, try to pick up the a game against a no.2, then go out on Sunday and try to win a slug fest.

G

Goat Holder

Problem is, I don't know if win can win slugfests this year. Let's just say cowbell's batting average prediction was in a new realm of ignorance.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I understand last year because Pigott pitched Saturdays the whole year for the most part. This year he's been pitching Fridays. I see the point about rest though, and I'm guessing that's the decision.

And we beat Pigott last year in the Saturday game with Lynn pitching.

G

Goat Holder

his 10 year old son got busted in the face with a full beer can by some student. I was actually at DDecker that weekend, didn't go to the Saturday game after the asskicking that was Friday night.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login