Jim Schlossnagle now owns the biggest doosh canoe answer ever given to a sports reporter..

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
When Richard Zane of TexAgs asked him about the rumors of him taking another job:

“I think it's pretty selfish of you to ask me that question, to be honest with you. I left my family to be the coach at Texas A&M. I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again, and that hasn't changed in my mind."

In all likelihood he had already taken the Texas job.

With that remark he just eclipsed Senator Ears and the pine box.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I don’t get worked up about coaches leaving or moving anymore (even if it’s in a douche way). I mean they can recruit a player for 4 years, get them on campus, and after one season the player can transfer as many times as they want because they don’t like how the coffee tastes.

Reactions: 17itdawg

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
So maybe Cohen did see something about him to question his integrity? Of course that doesn’t explain him hiring Freeze at AU.
Cohen prolly had little to nothing to do with Freezus' hiring. Cohen's prolly more of press secretary than AD at AU.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
When Richard Zane of TexAgs asked him about the rumors of him taking another job:

“I think it's pretty selfish of you to ask me that question, to be honest with you. I left my family to be the coach at Texas A&M. I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again, and that hasn't changed in my mind."

You ask me that, at that point, I'd tell you to 17off, Bad timing.
And eat shat.

Reactions: 17itdawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Really?… dude is paid $28K per week to coach a sport the majority of their fan base doesn’t even know they play. He can’t handle a tough question?
"The majority of their fan base doesn't even know they" played for the National Championship yesterday and their coach is leaving?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
You ask me that, at that point, I'd tell you to 17off, Bad timing.
And eat shat.
I don’t get this response and I’ve seen it a lot on Twitter. It’s not the reporters job to care about Schloss feelings. Schloss only took offense to it because it was already a done deal and he knew it was a very bad look to negotiate a new job while his team was playing for the national championship. Hell y’all just thought Mullen was bad for job searching during egg bowl week.

The reporter clearly had credible information and asked the question. If Schloss wanted to dodge the question, all he had to say was “I’m not getting into that right now”… and of course that would have led to speculation but who gives a ****, it was clearly done.

Reactions: dog12 and patdog

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I don’t get this response and I’ve seen it a lot on Twitter. It’s not the reporters job to care about Schloss feelings. Schloss only took offense to it because it was already a done deal and he knew it was a very bad look to negotiate a new job while his team was playing for the national championship. Hell y’all just thought Mullen was bad for job searching during egg bowl week.

The reporter clearly had credible information and asked the question. If Schloss wanted to dodge the question, all he had to say was “I’m not getting into that right now”… and of course that would have led to speculation but who gives a ****, it was clearly done.
Yep.. and when exactly should have the reporter asked that question? Maybe flagged him down at the airport the next morning as he was getting on a Texas jet?

Reactions: Bobby Ricigliano

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
That's brings a whole nother level of rivalry. Hire your rivals coach the day after they had their hearts ripped out. Makes you question his level of effort and concentration the last two games for TAMU like throwing a guy too early or throwing a guy already gassed.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I think TexAgs website knew he was leaving. But they didn’t want to ask the question before the championship was decided bc it would cause a distraction. Then they asked after.

So they did what a fan would do. Not a journalist.

Reactions: patdog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

"That's selfish"

Project much?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login