Jimbo “Boomhower” Fisher must be a republican

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I can’t remember seeing someone do so little with so much. What a punk. I’m developing JoeeLeesSocks level hatred for these people.

Enjoying some of the few good memories from last season. Will Rodgers was making some really good reads in this game.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Nah, I’m a Republican who was born with relatively little and now leads a comfortable life. Wtf does politics have to do with Dimbo?

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
My apologies, especially to any Mitch McConnell fans. Sounded better in my head. Yes, I’m drunk
It was a dig at what a mediocre coach does with so much money and support. Fear not; mid-terms await for the red wave of soap-boxers who will do much to underwhelm the silent majority.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Typical Democrat. Tho I also am enjoying watching this game. Sometimes they were very good last year. Hopefully this year it will happen more often. Let me also say playing QB for Jimbo has truly got to suck

Last edited:

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Yep. When everyone gets flustered at them getting big recruits, I just sit back and watch Jimbo squander it.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
I can’t remember seeing someone do so little with so much. What a punk. I’m developing JoeeLeesSocks level hatred for these people.

Enjoying some of the few good memories from last season. Will Rodgers was making some really good reads in this game.

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I’m not reading the replies/responses.

Here’s my drunk thoughts

I don’t know who Morgan Wallen is. **** him.

Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever. It’s fact. Make a super band and you end up with the Led.

Shrimp and Grits is only good if you cook it at home or it’s from somewhere who is known for it. Otherwise it stinks.

Baby backs are better than spare/stl

Ribeye is the one and only steak. Fight me.

Hair metal rocks.

Peace Maker is the best show since Covid. Speaking of, who gives a **** about Covid anymore.

**** the University of Mississippi

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
After the 4th sip you realized that Jimbo will beat Saban again this year. And next year.

Hardly anyone is a fan of a random coach in the SEC. And hardly anyone is a fan of aTm other than those that say how nice their odd fav base is.

But there's many many people who love seeing Saban get beat at his own game. Yes it's a beautiful thing.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
who gives a **** about Covid anymore

That would be my former co-worker that retired a year ago and is in the hospital for a month now and not doing well at all with it.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It's still out there and if you're at risk and unvaccinated, may the force be with you my friend

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012

Here’s my drunk thoughts

Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever. It’s fact. Make a super band and you end up with the Led.

Shrimp and Grits is only good if you cook it at home or it’s from somewhere who is known for it. Otherwise it stinks.

Hair metal rocks.

Peace Maker is the best show since Covid. Speaking of, who gives a **** about Covid anymore.

I don't agree with everything but I can let everything but Led Zeppelin being greatest slide. They are good but the G.O.A.T. is the Rolling Stones

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
It's still out there and if you're at risk and unvaccinated, may the force be with you my friend

Not sure how much being vaccinated helps against strains at this point. Our local hospital admits are disproportionately vaccinated. Of course the at risk population is disproportionately vaccinated, so that's not entirely surprising, but it's a big enough disparity that it's not obvious that the vaccine is doing anything for them.

And the people that have access to enough data to tell don't want to share it. They are mad that it was ever let out that the hospital admits are disproportionately vaccinated because they think that will make people question whether the vaccine works and they aren't bright enough to consider what their credibility is worth in future health emergencies.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I would like to see any published data that confirms that your local hospital are disproportionately vaccinated. I have heard that claim (online rhetoric mostly) for over 2 years and each time I ask an actual nurse/doctor at those local hospitals they have told me 100% of the time without fail the severe ICU and deaths are almost all unvaccinated.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

Here’s my drunk thoughts

Hair metal rocks.

I agree with a few of these but in particular want to point out that baby backs are 100% better than spare. They just are.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I would like to see any published data that confirms that your local hospital are disproportionately vaccinated. I have heard that claim (online rhetoric mostly) for over 2 years and each time I ask an actual nurse/doctor at those local hospitals they have told me 100% of the time without fail the severe ICU and deaths are almost all unvaccinated.

I'm not sure how many hospitals will be forthcoming with that info. Going to be reported well after the fact, if at all, by people doing studies without worrying about the public messaging around vaccines.

Our hospital was literally posting the breakdown online and on facebook until it was about to show the majority being vaccinated. Then they just stopped and removed everything. The only reason I even know how far the ratio flipped is because an employee that disagreed with the position because he thought it was stupid and undermined the community's trust would vent every so often because he knew I agreed with him. It was especially stupid because they went from posting it on facebook to not posting it when the numbers got to about 50/50 so people were blasting their facebook page and even then, rather than trying honesty and explaining the issue they just deleted comments about from their page, which of course made them look even more untrustworthy.

That said, it's probably possible that the admits are still disproportionately vaccinated and the deaths disproportionately unvaxed. The only data they were posting was number hospitalized with covid (along with percentage vaxed and unvaxed), number of COVID ICU patients there were (along with percentage vaxed and unvaxed), and the total ICU patients. I feel like I would have noticed if the admits were disproportionately vaccinated but the ICU admits were disproportionately unvaxxed, but I was only getting vaxed versus unvaxed for admits after they stopped providing the data publicly. I would have to ask whether the ICU actually was more heavily unvaxed than the admits.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I haven't heard his variant, I didn't realize there were so many now. I got tested twice in the last few weeks because of symptoms similar and was negative both times but while in the Docs office he rattled off three or more I had never even heard of

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I haven't heard his variant, I didn't realize there were so many now. I got tested twice in the last few weeks because of symptoms similar and was negative both times but while in the Docs office he rattled off three or more I had never even heard of

I was just kind of curious.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
This thread is having an identity crisis. Also, Eating Ribeyes, watching college football, listening to Zep, with or without covid is the way to go.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/14,21994,420,873.html

each state has this, and for a while in 2021, most hospitals were reporting 90% patients where unvaccinated, and that's what other countries across the globe showed as well.
Does that site show hospital admits and ICU patients' status? Just quickly looking, I found one showing mortality per 100,000 for people 65+. The per 100,000 metric is hard for me to grasp and get to match up to actual deaths. If it's calculating mortality risk over the deaths shown, it's wildly overstated for our county. I guess maybe it's taking the data from that month and projecting it as out over the year? Maybe that's standard so they don't have to point out that they're calculating it on an annual basis even though they have roughly a month time period in the title?

But for our hospital, it had the super high unvaccinated risk of like 90% in the first quarter, maybe first half of 2021, and then when Delta arrived, the number of hospital admits were moving from heavily unvaccinated to something closer to an even split but I think still like like 60-40 unvaxed, with around 50% of people were vaccinated, so still showing pretty good protection even before accounting for the fact that the at risk population was presumably more likely to be vaccinated. And then around the end of 2021 to early 2022, the ratio started moving quickly towards 50/50 when they stopped sharing it (I'm doing this from memory since the hospital helpfully took all the data down, so the time and exact percentages may be off some), and last I heard it was around 60/40 and still moving. But again, assuming the at risk crowd is more likely to be vaccinated (such that more than 60% of at risk people are vaccinated), that doesn't necessarily mean the vaccine wasn't doing anything. But the people paying attention I think mostly assumed that based on the hospital taking the data down but still pushing vaccinations. That would be an even crazier and dumber decision if the deaths were still heavily unvaxed even while the hospital admits were more likely to be vaxed.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
This thread is having an identity crisis. Also, Eating Ribeyes, watching college football, listening to Zep, with or without covid is the way to go.
Been a while since we had a good long COVID thread. Definitely need someone to come in and tell us these most recent variants are the most dangerous. THEN, it will be a party.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
yada yada yada

Just noticed you have managed to make it a year under the same name- congrats!

It’s Goat….again.<dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; font-size: 11px; color: rgb(62, 62, 62); height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Jul 2021</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">2,745

</dd></dl>

Jan 13, 2008
Mississippi man is scared of covid because he's eaten himself into stage 2 diabetes. Obesity is more of an issue with covid than almost anything else, and no one wants to hear that. Fin.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Hey String Bean

Mississippi man is scared of covid because he's eaten himself into stage 2 diabetes. Obesity is more of an issue with covid than almost anything else, and no one wants to hear that. Fin.
Back off. I’m the Fat Shamer around here. I earned this roll by making the same point in 2020. I guess you can be the German Fat Shamer. Tell them to eat more kraut and less sausage.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I saw on news Miss reported over 3000 new cases over the last time period. I might have looked at wrong.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
My man…

The best Stones songs aren't the ones played incessantly on classic rock radio
(except for Gimme Shelter And Sympathy for the Devil...they stand the test of time)

The greats that never seem to get AirPlay:

Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
B*tch
Heartbreaker
and anything from Exile album.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I saw on news Miss reported over 3000 new cases over the last time period. I might have looked at wrong.

That was for the three day weekend total.

One thing I do not like how they reported is the column they list as probable deaths. Those make up about a 1/3 of the reported Covid deaths. The problem is they flat out admit in the MSDH website that people that mark with this designation never tested positive for Covid. So they're putting in death certificates they died of Covid without them ever having been confirmed as having it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login