Jimbo news

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Damn, only beating us 51-10 wasn't enough. I guess they wanted 70-0. At least getting "Croomed" was because someone lost to us. Hell, getting "Arnetted" is not winning by 50 or more.
Wheels have been turning on this since last season. The only thing that would have changed the timing was a loss to us. He would be packing his bags right now if that had happened.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
They just announced on ESPN radio it is happening today and they will pay him 76 mill to gtfo

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Our defense is the cure all for ailing offenses. Still blows my mind that Arkansas didn't find a way to overcome their own ineptitudes.
They couldn't find a way because some of their players minds were "blown" that morning.

Captain Ron

Aug 22, 2012
They just announced on ESPN radio it is happening today and they will pay him 76 mill to gtfo

Man.. I don’t begrudge what anyone makes. But YHGTBSM? at least in today‘s dollars, I am not sure somebody with Saban’s record would I agree to that sort of buyout much less Jimbo.

I got zero problem paying a huge salary as long as the wins are there, but this does not seem like a good ROI.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Texas AM will owe Jimbo 76.8 million if he is fired this year. WOW!

https://www.si.com/fannation/colleg...fisher-contract-buyout-texas-am-owes-if-fired
I mean its a sunk cost. Was $85 million last year, would be $76 million this year, $67 million next year, and so forth. Its not like they were going to wait 7 years to fire him.

They paid Sumlin the entirety of his buyout (which was like $30 million) the day they fired him. Jimbo’s buyout is change in the couch cushions for them.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
It may be a sunk cost that is pocket change to them. However, it is a sunk cost they created by being dumb enough to enter into a 10 year contract when they did not have to. Smart people know, you get 2-3 years max to win at a place like aTm. So why create that contract? Just because they couldn't stand being told no.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It may be a sunk cost that is pocket change to them. However, it is a sunk cost they created by being dumb enough to enter into a 10 year contract when they did not have to. Smart people know, you get 2-3 years max to win at a place like aTm. So why create that contract? Just because they couldn't stand being told no.
Probably because that’s the contract that Jimbo required to leave a blueblood school where he won a natty. They want coach, they buy coach.

I’m actually surprised Jimbo tried as hard as he did there. If I had that contract, I would hit the ground running from Day 1 and be trying to get fired as soon as possible.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
17 - they heard we were finalizing the contract with Stoops and are going to hire him out from under us. Dammit selmon, should have gotten the deal done already. I can’t believe we dicked around and A&M is going to get him

Reactions: msstatelp1

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Ole Miss Football GIF by Ole Miss Rebels

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Probably because that’s the contract that Jimbo required to leave a blueblood school where he won a natty.
No, no… this isn’t the contract they used to hire him from FSU (where most of their fan base wanted to fire him).

This is the contract Bjork wrote after nearly being fired himself in Oxford. Fisher was already in College Station when Bjork arrived and was immediately given 10yrs/$100M even though his first years weren’t special.

How Bjork has survived any of this is a staggering feat of failing upwards.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login