Jimbo Nowell hugs it out...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
[FONT="]After the incident that occurred at Wayne County High School between former Heidelberg head football coach Jimbo Nowell and Jonathan Dearmon, the two reconciled in court and dismissed charges against one another. Full story in the next edition of the Jasper County News. pic.twitter.com/CMPPvWzW9f— Kevan Lindsey (@klindseysports) September 22, 2022 [/FONT]

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
That guy worked under Nick Saban at LSU about 20 years ago and now he can’t even get a job cutting grass. That’s probably the biggest fall down the ladder I’ve ever seen.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
That guy worked under Nick Saban at LSU about 20 years ago and now he can’t even get a job cutting grass. That’s probably the biggest fall down the ladder I’ve ever seen.

When keeping it real goes wrong

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's hard to feel too sorry for him since he brought it all on himself, but that really is sad.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
It's hard to feel too sorry for him since he brought it all on himself, but that really is sad.

There are plenty jobs available in the farming and service sectors. Me thinks he exaggerates much.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
What is sad about this is that Jimbo has forgotten more football than most people will ever know, and he is great with the kids. Maybe not the other adults but I can tell you from knowing him personally that his players love him. None of what I have said excuses his behavior in any way, I have always thought if there is a case for CTE mixed with steroid abuse you are looking at it. Even the devil has friends and Jimbo despite all of this flaws and stupid, stupid, stupid, behavioral decisions is a good man at his heart. Now back to making deals and trying to help with picks.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Whether or not anyone deserves it, it's pretty nuts to see how many people simply rejoice in the misfortune of others. All these videos posted everywhere now, people stand around taping someone's misery (like that kid getting beat up in the TX high school bathroom) instead of helping them. It's pretty sick where we are. Who are we to judge who 'deserves' something? Just because somebody is getting beat on, or lost his job or whatever, I'm not automatically going to assume they did something to deserve it.

It's like an old oil field hand told me once, "If you see a man in a bind, you help him out". At least while they are IN the bind.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
What is sad about this is that Jimbo has forgotten more football than most people will ever know, and he is great with the kids. Maybe not the other adults but I can tell you from being on a high school staff with him that his players love him. None of what I have said excuses his behavior in any way, I have always thought if there is a case for CTE mixed with steroid abuse you are looking at it. Even the devil has friends and Jimbo despite all of this flaws and stupid, stupid, stupid, behavioral decisions is a good man at his heart. Now back to making deals and trying to help with picks.

Gwendoline Christie's performance in Sandman. You think it was solid or nah?

I was skeptical, but I thought she did well.

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
What is sad about this is that Jimbo has forgotten more football than most people will ever know, and he is great with the kids. Maybe not the other adults but I can tell you from knowing him personally that his players love him. None of what I have said excuses his behavior in any way, I have always thought if there is a case for CTE mixed with steroid abuse you are looking at it. Even the devil has friends and Jimbo despite all of this flaws and stupid, stupid, stupid, behavioral decisions is a good man at his heart. Now back to making deals and trying to help with picks.

The kids may love him, but I wouldn’t want my son to play for him. He clearly has some anger issues that he cannot control.

How many jobs does this make that he’s either been outright terminated from or forced to resign due to his conduct and not coaching performance?

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Gwendoline Christie's performance in Sandman. You think it was solid or nah?

I was skeptical, but I thought she did well.

It was solid. My favorite on screen representation of myself was and always will be Pacino in Devil's Advocate as far as movies go.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

I understand his wife and is a well liked and respected woman?

This is a country 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc., chances, he may need to get his drinking under control, but he can get his work life back on track (maybe not in coaching or teaching, but somewhere).

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I think they should have left the courtroom and settled it outside in the parking lot like they originally agreed to.....

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It was solid. My favorite on screen representation of myself was and always will be Pacino in Devil's Advocate as far as movies go.

I was always a fan of your sketch with Yosemite Sam in The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006

That’s high praise for someone coming from the Prince of Darkness.

Speaking of, how did you appreciate being compared to Jackie Sherrill by Ole Miss fans?

Edit: Or is this Coach Sherrill to whom I am speaking?

Last edited:

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
The kids may love him, but I wouldn’t want my son to play for him. He clearly has some anger issues that he cannot control.

How many jobs does this make that he’s either been outright terminated from or forced to resign due to his conduct and not coaching performance?

There is no may to it. The kids he coached over the years love him, all you have to do is ask them. That being said the man is far from perfect and keep your kids as far away from him as possible. Does the kids loving him excuse his sometime violent and irrational behavior? Of course not. I am just trying to humbly say he is not a terrible guy. I would also make this last point Mr. Requiem I am sure you have things in your life that you have done for which you are not proud as do I. As does everybody. Jimbo's may be more extreme but judge less lest ye be judged.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
That’s high praise for someone coming from the Prince of Darkness.

Speaking of, how did you appreciate being compared to Jackie Sherrill by Ole Miss fans?

Edit: Or is this Coach Sherrill to whom I am speaking?

I often get compared to many things and people. Does any of it bother me? No but it is a high honor to be compared to one of the greatest coaches ever.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
The man has been known to drink pre-workout before practices, act a fool, then throw it up during practice. And I've heard from several coaches who have interviewed for him that they declined the offers after sitting down with him. He's a bit crazy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login