Jimmy Bell Jr with 18 rebounds

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
Their center averagedblike 9 RBs a game. Today he got 0. ZERO. Hell even bad luck can't explain that. 3 pts and he fouled out too with over 3 min to play.

• Haha
Reactions: DawgsNCowboys87

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Pretty good for someone who this spring was considering giving up basketball to play Football. He was a 350lb OL in High School and actually practiced with WV Football Spring 2023.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Jimmy Bell is the biggest pickup from the portal that Jans made in his career. I can’t imagine where we would be without Bell. We have not missed Tolu nearly as much as I thought we would, and when we get Tolu back, the double punch of Tolu and Bell is going to be tough on opponents.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It's pretty damn rare that an MSU team can simply dominate another solid team with size and strength in the post.

A time that we definitely could was 1996 with Dampier and Walters.

Imagine if this team had a Daryl Wilson...

Reactions: Captain Ron

AROB44

Mar 20, 2008
It's pretty damn rare that an MSU team can simply dominate another solid team with size and strength in the post.

Maybe Hubbard becomes a D. Wilson. We can hope....

Reactions: She Mate Me

HotMop

May 8, 2006

Dude, Daryl Wilson has to be almost 50 now, he wouldn't be much help. ***

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yeah. Bell and Matthews combined for 35 points and 29 boards. They dominated…
Jans has done a phenomenal job finding place on this team for Matthews to use his physical abilities, he looks like a linebacker for our football team and plays that way.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Jimmy Bell is the biggest pickup from the portal that Jans made in his career. I can’t imagine where we would be without Bell. We have not missed Tolu nearly as much as I thought we would, and when we get Tolu back, the double punch of Tolu and Bell is going to be tough on opponents.
Yep. Tolu starts and think about Bell coming off the bench as another scoring and rebounding option and production doesn’t fall off. Really nice to have.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
I really want to see some minutes with them both on the court at the same time.
It'll be an interesting scheme to have them both on the court. Maybe against some of the bigger teams we'll face down the line. Bell would probably be the best non-starting big in the league

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
2 legit bigs that dont shoot outside of 6'?
Thatll either open up the perimeter and MSU will thrive, or it will clog the paint and be a shitshow.
Feast or famine for sure.

Related note- neither Smith or Bell Jr have attempted a 3pt shot in college. 7.5 seasons of D1 college basketball between both of them up to this point and they are 0 for 0 from deep. Not even a prayer heave at the buzzer.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
That will probably never happen unless it’s some defensive situation. You’ve got two 5s that play close to the basket so I’m not sure that would turn out ok.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
2 legit bigs that dont shoot outside of 6'?
Thatll either open up the perimeter and MSU will thrive, or it will clog the paint and be a shitshow.
Feast or famine for sure.

That will probably never happen unless it’s some defensive situation. You’ve got two 5s that play close to the basket so I’m not sure that would turn out ok.
Can you picture the screens that can be set (Flashbacks of Russell Walters) while still keeping a big man available down low and the blocking out / Rebounding advantage? There's only one way to find out and I hope to see it on occasion.

Reactions: Anon1697564126
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login