Jimothy Lewis is in the boat

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Jimothy, from now on your Delta Tau Chi name is "Jim Itchy".

John Belushi Eyebrows GIF

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
On3 has us at 20th nationally and 11th in the conference (out of 16) with five 4 stars. If we can keep this up, Arnett may prove to be a great hire.
IMO average is more telling than rank. If you ain't 90 or higher you ain't sniffin' Nattyville & If you're below 87.25 you have little chance of making any noticeable noise. We're doing quite well at 88.7 ranked 17th on 247. Selmon got extra NIL Gravy cooking on the stove top? Oh, and don't look now but Prime's class sitting at around 89.5. At first I LMAO when I heard he banned saying "My Bad" on the practice field then the more I thought about it, the more sense it started to make. I hope his foot gets better.

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
IMO average is more telling than rank. If you ain't 90 or higher you ain't sniffin' Nattyville & If you're below 87.25 you have little chance of making any noticeable noise. We're doing quite well at 88.7 ranked 17th on 247. Selmon got extra NIL Gravy cooking on the stove top? Oh, and don't look now but Prime's class sitting at around 89.5. At first I LMAO when I heard he banned saying "My Bad" on the practice field then the more I thought about it, the more sense it started to make. I hope his foot gets better.
I have no expectations of seriously challenging for a Natty, maybe an outside shot at making the playoffs every few years, once it expands.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I have no expectations of seriously challenging for a Natty, maybe an outside shot at making the playoffs every few years, once it expands.
It'll be VERY Outside till we figger a way to make the players employees so salary caps can be implemented. Maybe throw in some transfer restrictions into the contracts and schit to boot. If the players wanna play pro ball, ain't no reason schools shouldn't play the same game. This way they won't be so shocked if they make it to the league. Better learning experience for them.

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
It'll be VERY Outside till we figger a way to make the players employees so salary caps can be implemented. Maybe throw in some transfer restrictions into the contracts and schit to boot. If the players wanna play pro ball, ain't no reason schools shouldn't play the same game. This way they won't be so shocked if they make it to the league. Better learning experience for them.
reduce scollys to 65-70 with restrictions on how many snaps a walkon can play without being put on scholly.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
reduce scollys to 65-70 with restrictions on how many snaps a walkon can play without being put on scholly.
What’s going to stop the rich NILs from providing scholarships? They may not call them scholarships but it will serve the same purpose to consolidate more talent at the richer schools.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
What’s going to stop the rich NILs from providing scholarships? They may not call them scholarships but it will serve the same purpose to consolidate more talent at the richer schools.
Read his last statement. Restrictions on walk-ons getting snaps without being put on scholarships. You got a guy you want to play, put him on scholarship. They could still stockpile talent but they could not play them unless they were counted. Full solution? Maybe not, but it would help.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
They can already do that, if they want.

I think at one time, coaches tried to put football players on basketball and baseball scholarships, but they crafted a rule that if someone is on scholarship and plays football that scholarship counts against football.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
They can already do that, if they want.

I think at one time, coaches tried to put football players on basketball and baseball scholarships, but they crafted a rule that if someone is on scholarship and plays football that scholarship counts against football.
I’m old enough to remember Bear Bryant having 125-150 on scholarship just to keep kids from going anywhere else. I’m all for leveling the recruiting playing field but I think NIL has ruined that dream by letting a genie out of the bottle that can’t be put back in.
Best Friends Genie GIF by Disney

Reactions: greenbean.sixpack

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I’m old enough to remember Bear Bryant having 125-150 on scholarship just to keep kids from going anywhere else. I’m all for leveling the recruiting playing field but I think NIL has ruined that dream by letting a genie out of the bottle that can’t be put back in.
Best Friends Genie GIF by Disney
Vaught used to do the same thing. Take all the QB's & RB's and make LB's out of 'em.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login