JJ Harrell decommitted from Tennessee tonight

DecadeReb2

Jul 2, 2021
MSU mods think he is MSU bound, UM mods think he is headed to Oxford. Interesting indeed.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
UM mods think everyone is headed to Oxford. That's why they all get clowned.

Rosebowl is getting a little too hyper right now, too. Nobody should give a damn about recruiting six months before signing day.
Considering the overwhelming majority of players who commit over the summer eventually sign with that school, I’d say it’s appropriate for fans to get excited.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He is coming to Starkville. No doubt. These guys finally started reeling in the nets and looks like a boat load. They are gonna mess around and put together a really good class if they can hold onto them all. Yeah it's 6 months but you can't wait until December to build your class

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Considering the overwhelming majority of players who commit over the summer eventually sign with that school, I’d say it’s appropriate for fans to get excited.
Bump this when folks are weeping and gnashing teeth in a month or two, like they were last month.

We just had our camp and we always get some momentum out of the camp. Then it swings. It happens every year.

We will have a solid class because we usually have a solid class, and this year is particularly good in state. But they'll get their share too, and we'll have folks flip out about it. Wash, rinse, repeat. Every year.

The best approach for recruiting is to just wait until ink is on paper. Most commits stick, but the ones who don't are usually the ones that fans get more worked up about. And we could sign 20 5 stars, and if Harrell signs in the last days for OM, our fans would get stupid.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
After the summer about 1% of players flip so I'd say get excited if that's your thing. We might have 1-2 decommits between now and then. Maybe things are different now with nil, it's possible several wealthy schools swoop in and grab several but historically players in the boat after camps stay in the boat.

We got people already crying about a decommit and this one hasn't even officially committed yet

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
But you DO give a damn cuz you clicked and posted to tell everybody not to give a damn.
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
That used to be the approach. I think it best to learn their names the week they are announced as a starter in their first game, especially now that they will be coming in and out of programs like bees in a hive

Might be time to switch to tidy whiteys, your old man balls are hanging low. Let the young alums get excited. Was only a decade ago we had 30-40 y/os ready to throw down at south farm over commits.

The country is going to hell around us and we all need to feel something, let it be recruiting highs and lows. You know these young bucks aren't marrying off like they should be so they don't have wives to get their adrenaline going (good and bad) like us old timers.

if you're one of those young bucks, well I don't know what to tell you, go find a woman to make you feel something.

BTW, I do exactly what you're saying because I'm old and i had to go to recruiting rehab after the Robert Elliot and Chris Jones sagas. My doctor told me to stop worrying about the BJs an 18 year old gets at the library in Oxford or I'm going to die.

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Bump this when folks are weeping and gnashing teeth in a month or two, like they were last month.

We just had our camp and we always get some momentum out of the camp. Then it swings. It happens every year.

We will have a solid class because we usually have a solid class, and this year is particularly good in state. But they'll get their share too, and we'll have folks flip out about it. Wash, rinse, repeat. Every year.

The best approach for recruiting is to just wait until ink is on paper. Most commits stick, but the ones who don't are usually the ones that fans get more worked up about. And we could sign 20 5 stars, and if Harrell signs in the last days for OM, our fans would get stupid.
Sounds rational. There may be a board for you out there somewhere for this kind of drivel***

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login