JoCo pens heart felt thank you

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Goodbye GIF

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
That was nicely written ..........by Sid Salter.
Salter can kiss arse w/ the best of them for sure.

I had a friend point something out Friday night, what do yall think? It took awhile for Polk to be accepted by the masses and to be welcomed back but it happened. It took awhile for Rocky Felker to want to come back and for everybody to accept him but it happened. I venture to say that Scott Stricklin and Cohen will NEVER be welcomed back and Merlinz is a 50/50 toss up at best.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

I had a friend point something out Friday night, what do yall think? It took awhile for Polk to be accepted by the masses and to be welcomed back but it happened. It took awhile for Rocky Felker to want to come back and for everybody to accept him but it happened. I venture to say that Scott Stricklin and Cohen will NEVER be welcomed back and Merlinz is a 50/50 toss up at best.
Dan leaving is not an issue in my opinion. He was brought here to do a job and did a great job. Scott and John graduated from state so I can understand people being upset about that.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Haven't seen this posted elsewhere, but this was the image used in a mass email sent out by the Auburn Athletic Dept.
1667946649869.png

1667946702704.png

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008

There’s already a ton of State fans that would hug Mullen’s bag if he gave them the chance.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

Strong Prediction; will be interesting to see how it all plays out. But the letter was well written despite who wrote it and John signed off on it. One of those "Had to Do It" things on his To Do List that was only for PR which one would expect anyway. So Meh. We're glad he's gone and I reckon he feels the same so adios and move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: WilCoDawg

WutheringDawg

Dec 4, 2010
Never hated just complete John like a lot of folks around here. He made some ****** hires and always felt like a baseball coach trying to pretend to be a AD. But he brought in the coach that won us our first NC so he’ll always go down as a good hire. Not great because everything else feels like it’s stuck in the mud. Having said that, I was not struck with any type of sadness when the news came out because again, he always felt like a baseball coach pretending to be an AD. Good luck John at whatever job you get fired for Auburn.

• Sad
Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
He couldn’t even sign off with “Hail State!” at the end. Regardless of his current employer, he is still a MSU grad.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz
Mar 3, 2008
Points of clarification:

In the first paragraph he comments that his opportunity to serve MSU holds a special place in his heart, not MSU itself.

In the second paragraph he references Dr. Keenum “whom I have considered (past tense?) a friend and mentor” is he no longer a friend and mentor, John?

no Hail State!! ? Good point by a prior poster.

These little word games are subtle, but noticeable. Like an ******* who apologizes by saying, “I apologize…I am sorry you feel that way.” That isn’t an apology. He would have been better off to let Mr. Salter or a random GA in the athletic Department write it.

Had to chase my login and password to comment here. I hope John finds much happiness at auburn, wish him only the best.

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
Points of clarification:

In the first paragraph he comments that his opportunity to serve MSU holds a special place in his heart, not MSU itself.

In the second paragraph he references Dr. Keenum “whom I have considered (past tense?) a friend and mentor” is he no longer a friend and mentor, John?

no Hail State!! ? Good point by a prior poster.

These little word games are subtle, but noticeable. Like an ******* who apologizes by saying, “I apologize…I am sorry you feel that way.” That isn’t an apology. He would have been better off to let Mr. Salter or a random GA in the athletic Department write it.

Had to chase my login and password to comment here. I hope John finds much happiness at auburn, wish him only the best.
well done GIF

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
Nice note. He didn’t have to write it. Now let’s move on. I suspect there are several more qualified and better options out there.

Reactions: dog12
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login