Joe Judge

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
His HC career won't be long. Can't believe we were considering him. I want an alumni to be successful but he clearly wasn't ready to be a hc.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
His HC career won't be long. Can't believe we were considering him. I want an alumni to be successful but he clearly wasn't ready to be a hc.
You may be right but lack of NFL success isn't exactly an indicator of what he'd do in college.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Considering him? His wife went out and bought a maroon outfit to wear to the press conference. We got lucky there.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

The NFL chewed up and spit out Spurrier, Meyer, Saban, Pete Carroll, etc. Conversely Kliff Kingsbury failed in college, but has done pretty well so far it the NFL. Success or failure in one does not necessarily equate to the other. Personnel decisions are probably the hardest part of the NFL. Joe inherited a QB and is stuck with him due to him being a high draft pick. The three years prior to Joe, the Giants won a total of 12 games, they were a train wreck long before he got there. Joe went 6-10 in his first year which probably exceeded expectations. Obviously this year has been very bad.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Pete Carolls been to the playoffs 9x, 2 Super Bowls and won 1. That's not exactly chewed up and spit out

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
I assumed he was talking about Pete’s first go in the NFL.

It still doesn’t make sense because Carroll was an NFL guy. He came up through the ranks and was a highly successful defensive coordinator before becoming a head coach. He was the D coordinator for the Pats team that went to the super bowl and lost to Farve. I never understand why he gets lumped in with college coaches. He only went to USC because he knew he could win big there and get another HC job in the NFL.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
He didn’t do badly as Patriots head coach. He had a 27-21 overall record, never had a losing season and made the playoffs two times in three years.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Just an example of failing at one level, but not the other. Judge is an NFL guy (like Carroll) and will likely end up failing as a first time NFL HC like Carroll (assuming Joe gets next year), he could very well move to college and succeed. The NFL is so hard, I don't think you can count a coach out who fails in his first gig.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I knew somebody would make this comment. You may want to google his time as the Patriots HC.
He picked 20% of your post to try and make a point, because he knew he couldn't with the other 80%. He's just being an argumentative ***. It's a typical message board technique to keep his bad take alive.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Carroll wasn’t a college guy anyway. He coached 20 years in the NFL before switching to USC.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Carroll wasn’t a college guy anyway. He coached 20 years in the NFL before switching to USC.
Hard to say he wasn't a college guy when he won a national title (split another and played for another) and created a dynasty for nearly a decade. Better to say he is just a hell of a football coach, probably the best of the modern era.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Giants have 2 top 7 picks in the draft. If they don't mess those up, they might be ok.

Eagles have 3 top 20 picks as of right now. They could be really good if they don't screw those up

FlyMaroon

Oct 29, 2012
Joe was my kick *** electronics lab partner in college and a super cool dude. Recruited by JWS, said he initially didn't want to come to State thinking we had the goofy uni shoulder stripes (Rebs), and yet we had Russell Athletic garb when we graduated.

Even if he's fired tomorrow he made $10 mil+ over 2 years coaching the NY Giants and could return to coach our special teams, hopefully.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Was he bad at NE, yep. Was he bad at NY, yep. BUT, only 24 different coaches have EVER been to the Super Bowl, ever. He's been to 2 and won one of them. If you call that tanking as an NFL head coach you are a DUBMASS

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login