Joe Moorhead officially the new coach at Akron.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
That implies that either Cristobal is staying at Oregon, or they already have his replacement picked out. I think Moorhead would have waited around to see if he could get into the mix for the Oregon job, and Akron would have been fine letting him wait a few days.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
That implies that either Cristobal is staying at Oregon, or they already have his replacement picked out. I think Moorhead would have waited around to see if he could get into the mix for the Oregon job, and Akron would have been fine letting him wait a few days.

I think it implies the opposite...that cristobal is gone and jomo needs to find something. Akron feels like a settle for him.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
The Athletic reported that if Cristobal wants the Miami job, it’s his. If he turns Miami down, they will keep Diaz another year. JoeMo would have no chance at the Oregon job either way. Akron is about on his head coaching level.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Lol that’s so, so dumb. Do they think he will decide to come next year? Why keep a coach if you know he’s done the following year?

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I think a lot of it is personal. No idea what his health stuff was this year but I wouldn’t be surprised if he wants something closer to home with less pressure. Don’t think he could get the Oregon job but he could probably get something better than Akron. Not convinced he’d do well at something better than Akron though

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Are sure Cristobal is a great HC? What has he done at Oregon to elevate that program?

I understand wanting to switch out Diaz to some degree, but there is a ton of local support in Miami for Cristobal. It seems unwarranted to me.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I think Moorhead took the job because it's in his "comfort zone" , feels he can be successful there and it's the most stable opportunity for himself and his family. If this is the case then he should commended for taking it .

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Lol that’s so, so dumb. Do they think he will decide to come next year? Why keep a coach if you know he’s done the following year?

No, I think they'll just give Diaz another year, and then go after someone else at that point.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Congrats Joe. Its close to home for him, which is the same reason Cristobal might go to Miami. Im not too sure he is as good as Miami thinks he is tho

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

They have no AD and their administration doesn’t give a 17 about football outside the money it brings in.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Good for him. I think is the best way he could make it back to one of the bigger schools. He needs experience

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012
Are sure Cristobal is a great HC? What has he done at Oregon to elevate that program?

I understand wanting to switch out Diaz to some degree, but there is a ton of local support in Miami for Cristobal. It seems unwarranted to me.

Considering he replaced Willie Taggart, he elevated it the second he took the job.

RivaDawg

Feb 26, 2008
The Athletic reported that if Cristobal wants the Miami job, it’s his. If he turns Miami down, they will keep Diaz another year. JoeMo would have no chance at the Oregon job either way. Akron is about on his head coaching level.

If Cristobal turns it down, I think Kiffen gets the job.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I think it implies the opposite...that cristobal is gone and jomo needs to find something. Akron feels like a settle for him.

Akron is closer to home and if cristobal goes to Miami he doesn’t have to go now. Moorhead doesn’t seem like the Miami type

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login