Johnny Football not happy with Jimbo

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
if you say so. I didn’t watch, I’m just going with anti-Johnny being the right decision a lot of the time.

Reactions: Dawgg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
One thing for sure, the bama DB was all over the intended receiver.

One of the guys on a recap show said the WR was supposed to make it look like a fade, then come back for the ball, but the WR didn't go near deep enough into the end zone (he only went two or three yards deep when he should have gone 7 or 8 yards deep and came back to within a yard or two of the goal line).

Conman90

Mar 3, 2008
1. The WR has to sell either the fade or post a little harder to set up the back shoulder.
2. The QB has to anticipate that a little better and the ball should be thrown before/as the WR comes back to the ball.

Not the worst playcall, just not very well executed all the way around.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
No it was an awful playcall. I’m going to side with Johnny Football. Just imagine back to the Croom Era running an out route that’s not beyond the first down and then throwing to that route.
I saw some stills on the route - I think the play call was fine....just that the QB held it too long and then threw a really bad pass.

King really is a terrible QB.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
The play call was fine but Jimbo’s guys aren’t coached well enough to execute it. We scored on A&M last week with a very similar play and we have done it many other times. His team simply isn’t very good and it’s his fault. They do weird dumb stuff all the time. Just go watch film from this year on them, its pathetic.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
They were at what, the two? the actual pass was to the one, not even in the endzone.

Regardless, it was fubab! Poor! Terrible.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I saw some stills on the route - I think the play call was fine....just that the QB held it too long and then threw a really bad pass.

King really is a terrible QB.
Is it a case of a bad route more than a bad throw? The WR didn't go deep enough in the end zone.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Is it a case of a bad route more than a bad throw? The WR didn't go deep enough in the end zone.
It's both. WR #1 ran to contact but didn't get separation. Then King the QB threw the ball at about the 2. Timing was off bc they haven't practiced that enough together.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
It's both. WR #1 ran to contact but didn't get separation. Then King the QB threw the ball at about the 2. Timing was off bc they haven't practiced that enough together.
I don’t think JFF is considered an Aggie influencer.

Reactions: onewoof
Jul 26, 2021
Jazz jars, milk men, weirdo cultish $hot. Rinse. Repeat.

espn aggies GIF by College GameDay

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
In hearing the coaches talk about it post game, that was the correct route....he was to show fade and break off with a short dig. The QB was late with the ball which brought the receiver back to him more. Just bad timing and a terrible throw.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
if you say so. I didn’t watch, I’m just going with anti-Johnny being the right decision a lot of the time.
In life, yes, absolutely go with anti-Johnny being the right decision, but maybe not so much on the football field.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login