Jonathon Abrams....

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
Hijack Time

Hardest hitters at Safety in MSU history:

1. Josh Morgan (his entire career is targeting)
2. Whitley
3. Abrams
4. Cooper
5. Prather
Didn't Abrams single-handedly cut a spring game short for knocking out his own teammate? That's #1 worthy in and of itself.

Reactions: BoDawg.sixpack

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
That’s a pretty good list right there. You’re definitely right on Josh Morgan. He led with his head and wrapped up. Back in the dark ages when I played football, that’s the way we were taught to tackle-they called it “form tackling”. If you do that today, they call it “targeting” and you get ejected from the game for doing it lol

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
That’s a pretty good list right there. You’re definitely right on Josh Morgan. He led with his head and wrapped up. Back in the dark ages when I played football, that’s the way we were taught to tackle-they called it “form tackling”. If you do that today, they call it “targeting” and you get ejected from the game for doing it lol
Completely different game now. No disrespect intended toward Josh. At the time, it was the way to play. If it wasn't for the almost certain concussions, I'd say that those Clemson receivers will never forget that Peach Bowl. I certainly won't forget it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login