Josh Allen is a bad man

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
But his feet get cold!**

Seriously, he played football at Wyoming. I’ve been to Wyoming in the winter and it’s 17ing miserable. Granted, I’ve never been to Buffalo. Is it that much colder?

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
But his feet get cold!**

Seriously, he played football at Wyoming. I’ve been to Wyoming in the winter and it’s 17ing miserable. Granted, I’ve never been to Buffalo. Is it that much colder?

It's pretty freaking cold here in western NY. I have heard wind chill down to around -30. And our small dog wants to go out about every hour to pee and there's a coyote that's been sighted.

WestDawg

Aug 24, 2012
It’s brutally cold in Buffalo. They freak out up there in summer when it gets over 80 in the middle of the day, and they still have lake effect cool breezes lol. It is so dang cold up there in winter 🥶
But Wyoming is just brutal all winter....Josh definitely prepped for his job the right way haha

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I will say that 30 degrees up here feels differently than 30 degrees in Mississippi as there is no humidity up here. It was about 5 degrees this afternoon, but it didn't feel that cold. The problem is the wind that cuts into you.

TNT.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
It's pretty freaking cold here in western NY. I have heard wind chill down to around -30. And our small dog wants to go out about every hour to pee and there's a coyote that's been sighted.
Be careful. Had a friend in suburban chicago with a coyote problem - Her home backed up to a nature preserve. Took her dog out one night and a coyote ripped that dog from a leash. I kid you not. One of the most horrific things you can imagine to a woman with a small dog. coyote latched onto that dog and ripped it from a leash in a tug of war with her. She never saw it again.

Sep 12, 2013
Be careful. Had a friend in suburban chicago with a coyote problem - Her home backed up to a nature preserve. Took her dog out one night and a coyote ripped that dog from a leash. I kid you not. One of the most horrific things you can imagine to a woman with a small dog. coyote latched onto that dog and ripped it from a leash in a tug of war with her. She never saw it again.

Well that was a lovely story. Got anymore?

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014

From a local Facebook group.

View attachment 23608

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Humid air would be colder than dry, but all cold air is pretty humid. Currently 5° and 72% humidity in Buffalo and 33° and 81% humidity in Vicksburg. Cold air can't hold moisture and even arid climates are humid when it's cold.

The reason it's colder in Mississippi at 30 vs Buffalo at 10 is because you're not acclimated in Mississippi. I used to freeze my butt off in TX wearing long handles at 30°. Now I am sitting outside in flip flops and shorts at 20°.

I have a weather station at my house in the mountains and have become fascinated with all of this. Our official temp was -20.1 on New Year's day, but my station pegged out at just under -15 for a few hours so I guess that's all she's got. Notice that humidity.

View attachment 23609

The reason it's not a big deal, check out that August 9th low...

View attachment 23611

Humidity is high even in the mountains when it gets cold. Currently 21° and 97% humidity here

View attachment 23612

Not sure what the wind chill gets down to up here as my wind Guage froze solid in November and hasn't worked since.

I now run the snowblower in a pair of bibs and a wind jacket and still sweat my *** off... Nothing prepares you for cold or heat like acclimation. I'm afraid I will be a heat casualty if I ever come to a state football game before Halloween again.

Last edited:

WestDawg

Aug 24, 2012
Preacher, where did you end up there? Niagara? I’ve been up several times over the past few years to Buffalo area

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
I ain’t no chemist, not even a thermochemist, but I believe you’re referencing relative humidity, which is the percentage of the max amount the air can hold at a given temperature that it’s actually containing. Air at 30 deg F can hold about 2.5 times what air at 10 deg F can hold. Your point about acclimation still holds though.

Last edited:

codeDawg

Nov 13, 2007
Right outside of Rochester

That’s a beautiful part of the country. Niagara, the Finger Lakes, and so much more.

…but no amount of natural beauty will convince me to put up with that weather. Western NY gets as much snow as anywhere in the country.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Touche'. Relative not absolute humidity. The cold air just can't hold very much moisture so relative humidity at sub freezing temps is always pretty high. No matter the location.

In that mindset, since you start getting dew/fog/rain etc at 100% relative humidity, in the summer in the south when the night air cools you get that heavy dew every morning. Virtually non existent up here. It basically has to get down to frost temps to oversaturate the air. But on the coldest days in winter we get diamond dust, fascinating phenomenon of ice crystals in the air everywhere with blue skies and sunshine.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You’re telling me a coyote approached a woman and a small dog close enough to leash distance?

Had to be rabid.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login