JR Spurrier will be calling plays in the bowl game

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'm not one to say 'no comment' whether I am right or wrong, but especially if I am right.”

“There are no Vanderbilts in the NFL.”

“I don't really believe that how many years you've had in the league determines how well your players play. Coaching is coaching."

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I'm not one to say 'no comment' whether I am right or wrong, but especially if I am right.”
I know you are but what am I?
Uhh, Denver!
“I don't really believe that how many years you've had in the league determines how well your players play. Coaching is coaching."
something, something, something. Whatever is Whatever.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Only thing that made sense was that Spurrier was calling offensive plays. Which was my assumption. I felt sure Arnett wasn't calling them.

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
Whew. Glad it isn’t the Jack Daniels inhibiting my comprehension skillz. No clue what this dude is trying to say.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Basically, “I told y’all Spurrier will be calling the plays and might be our OC.”

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

But with the umbrella the giraffe can’t find the used Honda

May 7, 2006

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

He obviously hasn't watched the 1-12 Texans this season whose only win was a 7 pointer against the lowly Jags

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012

He obviously hasn't watched the 1-12 Texans this season whose only win was a 7 pointer against the lowly Jags
But even the lowly Texans took the Cowboys to the final minute and took the Chiefs to overtime. Alabama beat Vandy by 56 points. I think that’s the point that’s being made.

ETA: The Jags aren’t that lowly. They’re on a hot streak and are just a game out of first place in the division.

Reactions: patdog

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
But even the lowly Texans took the Cowboys to the final minute and took the Chiefs to overtime. Alabama beat Vandy by 56 points. I think that’s the point that’s being made.

ETA: The Jags aren’t that lowly. They’re on a hot streak and are just a game out of first place in the division.
Jags are 6-8 w/ a .429 Winning %. There are 17 teams in the league w/ a better record, only 9 w/ a worse record. I'll leave it at that and you can call it the way you see it, but, that's pretty damn lowly for me

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Jags are 6-8 w/ a .429 Winning %. There are 17 teams in the league w/ a better record, only 9 w/ a worse record. I'll leave it at that and you can call it the way you see it, but, that's pretty damn lowly for me
We’ll see at the end of the season. The Jags have a pretty good chance to make the playoffs. Trevor Lawrence is on fire right now and the Titans are collapsing.

Reactions: patdog
Aug 3, 2011

“Nothing means nothing.”

Reactions: onewoof

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Well we have a QB that knows and understands the offense. That will help JR out a bunch.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
My first thoughts Spurrier Jr was gonna be the OC till I heard others mention how long he's been coaching and never elevated beyond a position coach. Must be for a reason for that but right now he's all we have for the Bowl Game.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

I’m disappointed in y’all missing the opportunity to borrow from Blazing Saddles in your responses…

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Personally, I look forward to seeing what he can do.
Agreed, this is his chance.

the players know the offense. It’s time to see if Jr can dial some things up. So far his rep has been a ‘recruiter’. No shame in that.

WutheringDawg

Dec 4, 2010
it will be interesting to see how much he’s developed over the years. Googling “Steve Spurrrier Jr. play calling” returns a number of articles from his stint at SC where his dad gave him play calling duties in 2008, 2009 and maybe 2014 I think. Each one was written after the fact and explained that Sr. Was taking back over after poor results.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I'm hoping he does well. I want him to get his opportunity right here to be our OC. And he might take a few games to get his rhythm down but he should be pretty good. He has a good resume plus his dad was awesome. Surely he picked up something from him plus his 5 or 6 years with Leach.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login