June 15. No pitching coach. All is well. *

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Also, one transfer coming in so far and it's a D2 pitcher.
This Is Fine GIF

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Parker has a contract offer, he's probably holding out for more money (either form USCe, us or LSU).

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Y'all want Lemonis fired don't you. Quit yer bitchin, the stars are aligning to grant your wish.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Y'all want Lemonis fired don't you. Quit yer bitchin, the stars are aligning to grant your wish.
I wanted him fired. But since we didn't, I hope he gets us back to the CWS next year. It's not looking very promising right now, but I always want us to win.

It's actually looking like we may have a realistic chance at the South Carolina pitching coach, which would be a home run hire except for the fact it's taking so long a lot of good portal pitchers have already transferred to other schools (Link Jarrett at FSU has signed 3 of them).

patdog

May 28, 2007
I wanted him fired. But since we didn't, I hope he gets us back to the CWS next year. It's not looking very promising right now, but I always want us to win.

It's actually looking like we may have a realistic chance at the South Carolina pitching coach if rumors of his boss taking the Miami job and keeping their pitching coach are true, which would be a home run hire except for the fact it's taking so long a lot of good portal pitchers have already transferred to other schools (Link Jarrett at FSU has signed 3 of them).

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Also so said rosebowl yesterday on his podcast who I found more condescending than usual to the point that I had to quit listening.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Then I have to call into question their sanity and logic as to why they would coach 1 season for a CWS team and then the next at the worst team in the SEC the last 2 years?
This is the primary reason why I found the whole premise of bringing Lem back for one more do-or-die season with success predicated on hiring a 'top notch' pitching coach so preposterous.

Reactions: Seinfeld and patdog

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
If we don’t have a legit pitching coach a few days after the CWS is over, I don’t see why firing Lemonis wouldn’t still be in play. It’d be a helluva lot easier to hire a whole new staff at that point. I may be giving our AD too much credit, but I wonder if he gave Lemonis just enough rope to hang himself after firing Fox midseason.

If we don’t get a legit PC, it’s gonna be an awful look for Selmon.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
This is the primary reason why I found the whole premise of bringing Lem back for one more do-or-die season with success predicated on hiring a 'top notch' pitching coach so preposterous.

I hope it's because he's really the " interim" coach for next year and they are back channel negotiating with agents for our next head coach. May explain why there seems to be a lack of urgency around the program. Of course, this throws another year away but gives time to land a solid hire but who knows and if they did they wouldn't post it here****

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Then I have to call into question their sanity and logic as to why they would coach 1 season for a CWS team and then the next at the worst team in the SEC the last 2 years?
Yep....I couldn't even see a coach from Oral Roberts making a move to MSU with the situation we're in.

Reactions: Dawg1976 and patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login