Just asking

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Does Leach reach out to any of the QBs that are in the transfer portal? I’m behind Will Rogers 100%, but many people say that Leach is no stranger to bringing competition to the QB room.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I can't see any of the big names coming here without a guaranteed starting spot, which they aren't going to get. Most of them wouldn't be as good as Rogers anyway. But I could absolutely see us bringing in a G5 guy similar to Abraham or Lovertich for depth purposes.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
I can't see any of the big names coming here without a guaranteed starting spot, which they aren't going to get. Most of them wouldn't be as good as Rogers anyway. But I could absolutely see us bringing in a G5 guy similar to Abraham or Lovertich for depth purposes.

Agreed, I don’t want another PAC 12 QB out of fear of KJ 2.0

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Does Leach reach out to any of the QBs that are in the transfer portal? I’m behind Will Rogers 100%, but many people say that Leach is no stranger to bringing competition to the QB room.

Leach loves competition between players. He thinks it brings out the best in them and sharpens their skills.

Leach also loves to get reps, reps and more reps catching and throwing the ball.

Leach has lots of WR's and RB's that need these reps. The 1's and 2's may get reps with the top two QB's but those other guys need lots of reps too. You simply cannot throw that many passes with just 3 QB's.

All that adds up to having 5 or so QB's throwing the ball every minute of practice that he can squeeze into the allotted time. So yeah, he will probably go after a QB or two in the portal. They probably aren't beating out Rogers but they will learn an awful lot in a year and get better.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Lower level, if any. We will have 3 QBs next spring, all of which want to play, with another coming in fall. Don't see the need in another transfer. I would imagine either Kristofek, Weir or Lovertich will stick around too.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I think Lovertich is planning on Staying… also if Greek or Robertson isn’t ready to at least be a quality back up by next fall, then we missed on them.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Nobody transferring out is going to sit the pine behind Will. We might find another guy like Lovertich but that's about it.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
What’s this we ****?
We as in Mississippi State you sidewalk 17. Those of us who actually come to games and promote the program, and actually care.

So do you (since you're here), you're just too big of a coward to admit it.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
I try to avoid ‘we’ but I definitely say it. It doesn’t matter. I once mentioned that I tried to avoid saying it and was accused of being an OM troll, so.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Who’s the best pro style out there that is transferring? Give them a shot if they can beat Will it only makes us better. You almost have to pick people up now because you are guaranteed to lose some in the portal like we did last year.

I would rather find a defensive end that could actually give a pass rush snd not whiff on a sack. Surely someone out there

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I don’t say we either, at least I don’t try to. I’m not on the football team.
I don't see why not, you are a part of it, certainly to the extent you want to be, from a butt in a seat to a bagman or big donor.

See, that's the difference in MSU and Clemson/Alabama (outside that they simply have MORE fans). They don't have these conversations like this, where some fans make distinctions about "we". There's truth to the "All In", and honestly, it's one of the fundamental differences in college sports and NFL.

I think you're wrong. Further, there is no football program without fans and donors. And pretending you aren't a die-hard fan is silliness, else you wouldn't be on this board everyday, listening to radio/podcasts, watching games, etc. Come on.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
You are right sir!

I don't see why not, you are a part of it, certainly to the extent you want to be, from a butt in a seat to a bagman or big donor.

See, that's the difference in MSU and Clemson/Alabama (outside that they simply have MORE fans). They don't have these conversations like this, where some fans make distinctions about "we". There's truth to the "All In", and honestly, it's one of the fundamental differences in college sports and NFL.

I think you're wrong. Further, there is no football program without fans and donors. And pretending you aren't a die-hard fan is silliness, else you wouldn't be on this board everyday, listening to radio/podcasts, watching games, etc. Come on.

Even Florida fans are insensed if you call them Florida fans. They are bought in and "we" means the Gator Nation. We talk about the Bulldog Nation but we don't want to say "we" when we lose????? Either you are a part or you are not. By the way, Florida fans want you to call them Gators. If you don't want to say we then get to stepping!

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Even Florida fans are insensed if you call them Florida fans. They are bought in and "we" means the Gator Nation. We talk about the Bulldog Nation but we don't want to say "we" when we lose????? Either you are a part or you are not. By the way, Florida fans want you to call them Gators. If you don't want to say we then get to stepping!
Yeah it's just some 'too cool' or humble brag complex some MSU fans have. Self preservation in essence, and honestly, has a little bit of sick woke-type desperation to it.

Same folks will claim to root for Alabama in the playoff because SEC or "I'm just a fan of the game", 17 that face-saving BS.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login