Just end it

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Lemonis has lost the team and obviously can't figure out how to right the ship. I had no idea that he would somehow be worse than last year but this is the epitome of hitting rock bottom after being at the mountain top. Has a coach and program ever slid so far? This is like a completely different coach and program. No way he should survive. Foxhall should have already been gone. At this point I can't justify how lemonis should be kept. Go find someone that can stay on top of. A program for more than three years and have sustained success that they built.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Lemonis has lost the team and obviously can't figure out how to right the ship. I had no idea that he would somehow be worse than last year but this is the epitome of hitting rock bottom after being at the mountain top. Has a coach and program ever slid so far? This is like a completely different coach and program. No way he should survive. Foxhall should have already been gone. At this point I can't justify how lemonis should be kept. Go find someone that can stay on top of. A program for more than three years and have sustained success that they built.
If we forfeit the rest of the season, can we spend the money baseball would lose on NIL for next season's players?**

Reactions: G-Dawg

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I just don’t see the point in firing him during the season. Baseball is not like football where there are tons of coaches and being an interim coach is not that difficult. What do we have 4 coaches? So you fire Lemonis and foxhall and make gautreau do everything on his own?

Only way you make a change is if someone like Polk will takeover the rest of the way… and does anyone really want to open that can of worms and have him thinking he can coach again?

patdog

May 28, 2007
I just don’t see the point in firing him during the season. Baseball is not like football where there are tons of coaches and being an interim coach is not that difficult. What do we have 4 coaches? So you fire Lemonis and foxhall and make gautreau do everything on his own?

Only way you make a change is if someone like Polk will takeover the rest of the way… and does anyone really want to open that can of worms and have him thinking he can coach again?
Yeah. Nothing to be gained by firing him now. I expect it’ll happen a week or two before the end of the season. What’s really shocking is after the disastrous end to last season, he made zero changes. That was a huge red flag right there.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We finished a season with Gary henderson. We can do something similar again and salvage something because the program right now is just tanking and the longer this dumpster fire goes on the harder to revive it's gonna be

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

Thanks for your input Coach Polk, but, HELL NO!

Reactions: Anon1664516582

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Has a coach and program ever slid so far? This is like a completely different coach and program.

Sure. Richard Williams last two teams after the Final Four run were atrocious (and by atrocious I mean Rick Ray level bad) because he lost the drive and got complacent. Also Jackie’s last 3 seasons after the 1997-2000 run. You never know when a coach is going to check out, but its more common after huge runs of success or major accomplishments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doubledawgblitz

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

I think you only do it midseason if you have a proven guy on staff like we did with Henderson, or a guy on staff who you think has a serious shot at the job that you would like to evaluate. I don’t think we have that. This appears to be a situation where total house cleaning is needed. I don’t want any assistants back even in their current role….let alone head coach.

Reactions: Cbassreb

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Totally agree he has lost the team. I sat there today and was stunned back lack of effort… horrible attitude… and I would bet the house half the team got drunk tonight in the district. They have checked out.

Reactions: Doubledawgblitz

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
We just need to keep heaping the insults at him.

I bet before the season ends, he'll get tired of losing, looking like an obvious bozo, and taking all the shi4 from SPS.

Then he'll quit and pay the university for the privilege.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
None of these players would be a part of "righting the ship". No hitting, no pitching, and no fielding. What says otherwise?

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I laughed at the thought of firing him mid season a few weeks ago. I’m not laughing anymore. It has to happen.

Reactions: josebrown
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login