Just going to throw this out there cause you never know

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
We've cleared the final hurdle on getting our first three cameras ready to be installed. Just waiting for 4 County to say we're doing it on this date which I think will be fairly soon. We've got another 3 locations ready to go as soon as we get cameras and roughly an additional 20 locations scouted out where we will be working to gain permission to install cameras.

What we're trying to find are some business sponsors to help with getting the cameras. We're working on ways to place the sponsor logo on the page and I think on the camera feed. The cameras are almost $600 each and then each camera has a monthly software cost of around $40 a month. If any of y'all own a business and might be interested, or know someone who might, please shoot us an email at [email protected] and see what we can work out.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
We've cleared the final hurdle on getting our first three cameras ready to be installed. Just waiting for 4 County to say we're doing it on this date which I think will be fairly soon. We've got another 3 locations ready to go as soon as we get cameras and roughly an additional 20 locations scouted out where we will be working to gain permission to install cameras.

What we're trying to find are some business sponsors to help with getting the cameras. We're working on ways to place the sponsor logo on the page and I think on the camera feed. The cameras are almost $600 each and then each camera has a monthly software cost of around $40 a month. If any of y'all own a business and might be interested, or know someone who might, please shoot us an email at [email protected] and see what we can work out.
Is this for bikini pics? I know a thong shop that would sponsor**

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Is this for bikini pics? I know a thong shop that would sponsor**
Beat me to it, Dorn

But I'll say this...fundraising is hard as hell or I just don't know what I'm doing. Both could also incredibly likely, but after being involved in an active me search and rescue operation last year and trying to help save a two year old girls' life who ended up not making it and seeing her cousin with a horrific head injury next to her plus all the other pain and suffering from that night... I'm going to keep pushing. Those sounds and images still wake me up at night sometimes over a year later. I think this camera system can help prevent that so I am going to move heaven and earth to make it happen.

Last edited:

Anon1717806835

Jun 7, 2024

What are these cameras used for?

Reactions: Anon1697564126

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
What are these cameras used for?
They will be used to monitor severe storms and let the NWS, local media, EMA, and others see in real time if a tornado has formed so a warning can be issued or upgraded. This is especially crucial in parts of the state with poor radar coverage where the beam is not low enough to detect a debris signature to confirm a tornado has formed and is doing damage. While this is being set up for the above mentioned groups, the feeds will be free to view by the public, too. No paywalls or passwords to restrict viewership.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'm in for...

• Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
First of all start with people who know you well. They will mlst likely give you a good start. Then go to Insurance agencies, power associations, large manufacturers, local banks where you can get to a decision maker, Supertalk MS/Sportsmans MS, etc. I have been in the fundraising business for a start-up project before and it's all about hitting the street. It's hard, hard work and worth your time in the long run

Reactions: Spotdawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

You're going God's work, HBP.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
There's a good chance you can see a Family Dollar from the camera. Maybe ask them. ***
If you have a location that's right at one, mounting it to their building and having them as sponsor isn't a bad idea, although it doesn't cover the funding part

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
If you have a location that's right at one, mounting it to their building and having them as sponsor isn't a bad idea, although it doesn't cover the funding part
Some of the locations I am looking at are businesses. Also hospitals. The challenge for these sites is determining who will do the install and pay for the power and electricity. My hope is the other power assoc will agree to do what 4 county is doing but to do it on sites they don't own. So not as cut and dry as these first few but I think we'll be able to work something out.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Some of the locations I am looking at are businesses. Also hospitals. The challenge for these sites is determining who will do the install and pay for the power and electricity. My hope is the other power assoc will agree to do what 4 county is doing but to do it on sites they don't own. So not as cut and dry as these first few but I think we'll be able to work something out.
You know where to go when you need a sponsor for camera 17.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Not going to announce it yet just in case there's a last second hiccup, but we now have a tentative go live date for our first two cameras. We also secured 8 sites over in the delta between Greenville and Greenwood we can place cameras as finding allows so our confirmed footprint is expanding.

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
I don't know. We don't have weather stations with the cameras gathering any data so not sure if it'd be something they'd be nyeredtee in supporting financially or not.

nyeredtee

Okay, the babel fish in my ear couldn’t translate that one, could you clarify?

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Thank you so much to the two individuals that just made very generous donations. You're helping to save lives for years to come. North MS Storm Chasers thank you and I also offer my own sincerest gratitude.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
They will be used to monitor severe storms and let the NWS, local media, EMA, and others see in real time if a tornado has formed so a warning can be issued or upgraded. This is especially crucial in parts of the state with poor radar coverage where the beam is not low enough to detect a debris signature to confirm a tornado has formed and is doing damage. While this is being set up for the above mentioned groups, the feeds will be free to view by the public, too. No paywalls or passwords to restrict viewership.
To keep with tradition can you go ahead and put one right next to the Brandon water tower so all it can see is the side of it?

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login