Just got tickets for a trip to Columbia in ‘23

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
Pretty excited after going 8-4. Not many chances to get to Columbia for a game to support our team. Bucket list to check off all SEC stadiums for a game. Excited to see us play a revived USCar program and to experience a full stadium going crazy to sandstorm. Gonna be a fun one! Hope I get to see a lot of bulldogs there.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
Well not tickets… flight is booked and hotel is booked. Can’t wait

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I’ve been thinking about this one two. I’m retired so I’m thinking about hitting Athens for a game, our game in Columbia, and then loop back through Knoxville. Trip would be a little over two weeks. Or maybe in reverse if the schedule works better. It’d be a chance to go to three stadiums I’ve never visited.

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
I’ve been thinking about this one two. I’m retired so I’m thinking about hitting Athens for a game, our game in Columbia, and then loop back through Knoxville. Trip would be a little over two weeks. Or maybe in reverse if the schedule works better. It’d be a chance to go to three stadiums I’ve never visited.
Was looking into going to Knoxville the week before too, but then saw you would see USCe 3 weeks in a row.

UGA hosts them the 16th, we are there on the 23rd and UT hosts them in Knoxville on the 30th.

UT is on the road the 16th and UGA is on the road the 30th.

• Haha
Reactions: WilCoDawg

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Last and only time I went to SC for a game, we got our a$$ handed to us. Was a long drive home.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Last and only time I went to SC for a game, we got our a$$ handed to us. Was a long drive home.
Same. Never again. '91 or '92 I think. State was ranked pretty high and the defense was completely baffled with this delayed draw they ran us to death on.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Pretty excited after going 8-4. Not many chances to get to Columbia for a game to support our team. Bucket list to check off all SEC stadiums for a game. Excited to see us play a revived USCar program and to experience a full stadium going crazy to sandstorm. Gonna be a fun one! Hope I get to see a lot of bulldogs there.
We went in ‘98 when KP ran the opening kick back for the TD. We were still outside the stadium when it happened, though…. The girls had us running behind (imagine that).

It’s a metal erector set stadium on a fairgrounds…. Nothing too special. But, they were in the middle of another awful season, so surely that didn’t help the atmosphere.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
I'll be there as well. What is the best area to stay in Columbia?

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
I’m looking into Bowl tickets and airline tickets. Sucks not knowing which bowl.

i don’t see how stubhub is already almost sold out when they don’t know which teams, must be scalpers/corporates buying them up

LexSCDOG

Aug 5, 2014
I'll be there as well. What is the best area to stay in Columbia?
Downtown would be in the center of things. Pretty hoping in the area they call the Vista. The historic Hamtpon inn on Gervais street would put you right in the thick of things. There are other hotels in that area all are good. There is a Hamtpon inn and suites(or Hilton garden inn) in Lexington at the I-26 and 378 interchange that is a good slot. I live in Lexington. 15 min from downtown. Plenty of hotels here too.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
I’m looking into Bowl tickets and airline tickets. Sucks not knowing which bowl.

i don’t see how stubhub is already almost sold out when they don’t know which teams, must be scalpers/corporates buying them up
Wait on bowl tickets. They usually are much cheaper closer to kickoff

Reactions: #ShowOff

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Wait on bowl tickets. They usually are much cheaper closer to kickoff
Do you get them through the university or ticket broker ?

when I was a kid my old man would always walk up to the stadium and buy from scalpers before the game. Never failed no matter the event or game.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
Do you get them through the university or ticket broker ?

when I was a kid my old man would always walk up to the stadium and buy from scalpers before the game. Never failed no matter the event or game.
We used to buy through the school but you usually can get much better seats for way less through a ticket site.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
We used to buy through the school but you usually can get much better seats for way less through a ticket site.
Thanks, I usually do just go through stubhub. If you look on there now seats are almost gone for some of these bowls.

college football news has us in Texas, I think that’s where we go

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022

Resellers taking a gamble on bowls they think will sell out or be close to it. Thus increasing the price of the tickets they bought cheap early.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Resellers taking a gamble on bowls they think will sell out or be close to it. Thus increasing the price of the tickets they bought cheap early.
Do bowl games (not a play-off bowl) normally sell out? I can only picture games where it’s usually only 3/4 full.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
We’ll probably be going as well. It’s an easy trip from Atlanta

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Do bowl games (not a play-off bowl) normally sell out? I can only picture games where it’s usually only 3/4 full.
yes and no. A larg portion of bowl tickets are furnished to corporations who sponsor the bowls. These companies then give these tickets to employees or customers who dont go to the games and or don’t try to sell them either.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Seeing as I’m only an hour and a half from Columbia I need to go. Never been to a game there. Really hope it’s at night. Not exactly “cool” in Columbia in late September.
Yikes. Only one Marriott property available downtown, $599nt and not taking points. Guess we will be driving home!

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Bring some ear plugs for the god awful chicken HHHAAAA--CAAAAAAA every time they score or make a big defensive play. It's the worst thing in college sports in my opinion

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Seeing as I’m only an hour and a half from Columbia
Where do you live, Barks?

It's about an hour for me from Augusta. I usually try to make this game when State comes this far east. However, I'll have a 7-month old infant this time.

dogmatic001

Sep 30, 2022
Definitely buy bowl tickets through a third party site - buying from our athletic department puts you in bad seats. The companies sponsoring the bowls get the better seats, which they give away, which get sold online. The two schools invited generally get end zone and upper level seats.

I've bought form StubHub a number of times. I've become a big fan of SeatGeek.com now though.
I've had plenty of good results from both. Check TicketMaster also.

SeatGeek.com is an aggregator of the other sites, but checking the other sites directly is worth the effort just to make sure.

Depending on the stadium, club level seats for bowl games are a great way to go, especially if your travel party includes some less-than-fanatic fans you'll want to protect from uncomfortable weather. I did this for our Music City Bowl against Wake Forest and our Belk Bowl in Dak's senior year against NC State. Worth it both times.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login