Just memphis being Memphis

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Looks like she is from the same high school Jarvis Varnado attended.

No point to that, just observation.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I'm sure the lighter skinned girl made an offensive comment. With plenty of witnesses, the stories will be interesting.
Why are you sure that happened? We have no idea what was said between the two in line or for 40 minutes on the court.

It could have been...
Memphis- 'You play dirty'
BG(in Aussie voice)- 'We won, you lost, go cry on the way home.'
Memphis- '17 you!' PUNCH.

It could have been that or 500 other scenarios. The Memphis player could have initiated it. The BG player could have initiated it. It could be play based.

Not why you would be sure of anything with regard to background, based on that video.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Folded like a cheap suit!

View attachment 321692
For real. At some point, shouldn't you expect behavior like this and be ready? When the Memphis girl approached the BG and started the sh*t-talking, the BG girl should have immediately assumed the worst and got in a defensive posture. All of these assumptions that 'people are inherently good' need to go out the window. People are bad and want to see others hurt most of the time. I mean, sh*t, half these fights are recorded by someone in close proximity who would rather video it for entertainment than help somebody.

You can eliminate like 80% of potentially bad stuff happening to you if you are aware of your surrounding and act accordingly. When someone is acting aggressively, you can't stand there with tunnel vision and/or turn your back on them.

That said - at some point these aggressors need to be taught a lesson. For once I'd like to see one of the attack victims, actually not be a victim, and rearrange the aggressors face. The country would rejoice.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Why are you sure that happened? We have no idea what was said between the two in line or for 40 minutes on the court.

It could have been...

It could have been that or 500 other scenarios. The Memphis player could have initiated it. The BG player could have initiated it. It could be play based.

Not why you would be sure of anything with regard to background, based on that video.
that's the claim much of the time. Remember the Myles Garrett/Mason Rudolf incident? It's a pretty common defense in this type situation.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

It could have been...

I think it was probably:

memphis: I saw your post on 6P about the economy.

bg: Friedman was right

Memphis: 17 U [punch]

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Mempho Chick broke the law. That was an assault defined by the courts. Cold Cocking a person outta thin air is serious bidness only outside of sports I guess. I don't associate with those who would pull something like that off or those who think it's okay to do that. The Mempho Chick shoulda been arrested, handcuffed and sent immediately to jail.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

17'ing good

Oh my gosh, they CHARGED her, I'm sure she will learn her lesson. She'll get what, a few hours of community service?

She needs to be fisted a few times in the face herself to truly get the point across.

At least it's the BG police that got her, and not Memphis. The Memphis folks would celebrate her and throw her a '17 around and find out' party.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
For real. At some point, shouldn't you expect behavior like this and be ready? When the Memphis girl approached the BG and started the sh*t-talking, the BG girl should have immediately assumed the worst and got in a defensive posture. All of these assumptions that 'people are inherently good' need to go out the window. People are bad and want to see others hurt most of the time. I mean, sh*t, half these fights are recorded by someone in close proximity who would rather video it for entertainment than help somebody.

You can eliminate like 80% of potentially bad stuff happening to you if you are aware of your surrounding and act accordingly. When someone is acting aggressively, you can't stand there with tunnel vision and/or turn your back on them.

That said - at some point these aggressors need to be taught a lesson. For once I'd like to see one of the attack victims, actually not be a victim, and rearrange the aggressors face. The country would rejoice.
No doubt, when someone in a very agitated state tries to engage with you, the best policy is to put distance between you and them. If you can't or don't, you best get your dukes up, get in a wide stance and get ready for anything.

With the transfer portal and coaches willing to put up with just about anything to hold on to players, discipline is going to suffer and this type stuff may become more common. Makes me appreciate Mike Leach all the more.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Man, for a second there I thought you'd really gone overboard with your crime and punishment...
That's what libs want, right? Chaos in the street? It certainly seems that way. 17-around-and-find-out justice, amirite?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
That's what libs want, right? Chaos in the street? It certainly seems that way. 17-around-and-find-out justice, amirite?
Uh...yeah I read that other comment of yours differently too, until I did a double take.

I cant say I have ever heard someone suggest a person should be fisted in the face. Haha, nope, that was a first for sure. Creative word use.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login