Just saw that Cal beat OSU yesterday 16-1 in only 7 innings

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Didn't OSU pitch their best pitcher against us? He was supposedly one of, if not the best pitcher in the country according to the announcers.

Where does this narrative keep coming from?Dude had an ERA over 5 last year.

He looks like a nice prospect, but I've got a feeling we will face many better college pitchers this year.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Where does this narrative keep coming from?Dude had an ERA over 5 last year.

He looks like a nice prospect, but I've got a feeling we will face many better college pitchers this year.
Because he’s been absolutely dominant through three weekends

AlSwearengen2

Nov 29, 2022
The pitcher for OSU was really good. I don’t know anything about his accolades or what he has done in the past, etc. but his stuff is a nightmare for left handed hitters. The way that all of the hitters were acting, it was probably hard for the hitter to pick the ball up out of his hand.

BB30

Feb 10, 2023
Makes you wonder why a pitcher of that caliber would even go to OSU. Can’t even remember the last time they were good.
He very well could have been a late bloomer with little hype coming into college.
He may have grown up a buckeye fan and chose to go to school there...

lots of reasons he could have picked osu

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
State beats Cal 8-4. WHERE'S THE LEMOINZ HATURS NOW??????????????
No doubt we have had some good games but we have had far too many absolute stinkers. The coaching staff's final evaluation will be on the entirety of the season as it should be. If they get it turned around that should be to their credit but if they don't they should be held accountable. That has nothing to do with hating anyone.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Makes you wonder why a pitcher of that caliber would even go to OSU. Can’t even remember the last time they were good.

Bednar was an OSU commit before Lemonis flipped him. They aren’t great but they are a big school with money, and that’s enough to bring in some talented guys here and there. They are a lot better than your directional Louisianas, Troys, Jacksonville States, etc.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
OSU seems to be a meh team with a great Friday ace. I see them winning a bunch of friday games and a lot of 🤷‍♂️on Saturday and Sunday.
Exactly, baseball teams are different every time they play based on who is pitching. Way different than football and basketball teams who are the same every time. We play Ohio State any day but Friday and we would have won. We really don't have an ace on our entire staff but our most reliable pitcher is currently starting on Sundays. At least Gartman makes folks hit their way on. Yes, our defense is bad but their is no defense at all for a walk or a hit batsman.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Exactly, baseball teams are different every time they play based on who is pitching. Way different than football and basketball teams who are the same every time. We play Ohio State any day but Friday and we would have won. We really don't have an ace on our entire staff but our most reliable pitcher is currently starting on Sundays. At least Gartman makes folks hit their way on. Yes, our defense is bad but their is no defense at all for a walk or a hit batsman.
I would add that you can't put friday on Lo (not sure that's an official name) unless you say he just didn't go enough innings but he gave up I think 1 hit and 1 run through 4. That's back to back good starts for him.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login