Just spitballin’ here …

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
Just to think outside the box a little bit -

What if John Cohen actually loves Mississippi State a *LOT* because of his time here as a student, baseball player, coach, and AD and he came to the self-realization that he is a poor excuse for an AD and it occurred to him that he could both help Mississippi State and hurt Auburn at the same time by leaving MSU to take the job at Auburn?

Diabolical, I know, but he was always known for over-thinking things when in positions of authority. Could he be that much of a loyalist to MSU that he would “take one for the team”? If so, we probably owe him a debt of gratitude for going to Auburn. Just think how much good he could have done for us if he had taken the AD job at Alabama or Georgia but, alas, those jobs weren’t open so I guess he did the best he could, considering the circumstances.

Of course you all know that this is satire. Cohen is waaay too much of a narcissist to ever think he is anything less than God’s gift to athletics anywhere he goes. This was just my feeble attempt to bring some levity to the situation.

I think we beat Auburn like a rented mule this weekend.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Tin Foil GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
So kind of like how Jerry West stepped down as head coach of the Lakers after Jerry Buss bought the team and promised to pony up for whatever players he wanted?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I know he was a sock puppet for the "cigar boys" but I'd like to know who really kept him around as long as we did.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I have honestly wondered how this board would react if we hired another SEC west AD who was a former coach, player and alumni of that school. People have complained before when we hire an assistant with ties to OM - like he's really going to be more loyal to them than the school that's paying him 6 figures. If the roles were reversed, could you imagine turning our entire athletic department over to an AD we hired away from Auburn, who had been a head coach, player and graduated from there?

I feel certain there's a portion of the fanbase that would always believe he was out to screw us over.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login