Justin Brown and Hopson transferring out

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
brown was the best young receiving talent we had. Impressive offer list. I don’t see us replacing him talent wise in this class. just really disappointing. Hopsons brother is A talented recruit we probably can write off as well.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Hopson wasn't going to play and we weren't getting his brother. We'll see on Brown.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
brown was the best young receiving talent we had. Impressive offer list. I don’t see us replacing him talent wise in this class. just really disappointing. Hopsons brother is A talented recruit we probably can write off as well.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Are we talking about these two guys?

Neither have impressive offer lists. Look like just another in a 3-star army, easily replaced by the next guy from the portal, if really needed. Who cares about freshmen, it's obvious you don't know sh*t, so yeah, another @QMartinez dubmass thread.

Again, out-of-staters. Most likely just mercenaries. And even the one from Memphis, I'd still consider an out-of-stater, because no one in the Memphis Metro has any loyalty anywhere, they always go to the highest bidder.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I heard Steve Sarkisian recently say that once a player enters the portal, that player will not return to Texas, is this a common practice? I don't think we follow that line of thought?

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I heard Steve Sarkisian recently say that once a player enters the portal, that player will not return to Texas, is this a common practice? I don't think we follow that line of thought?
Is he using the portal? If so, isn't that hypocritical?

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
Are we talking about these two guys?

Neither have impressive offer lists. Look like just another in a 3-star army, easily replaced by the next guy from the portal, if really needed. Who cares about freshmen, it's obvious you don't know sh*t, so yeah, another @QMartinez dubmass thread.

Again, out-of-staters. Most likely just mercenaries. And even the one from Memphis, I'd still consider an out-of-stater, because no one in the Memphis Metro has any loyalty anywhere, they always go to the highest bidder.

brown offered by Tennessee, Purdue, IU, Pitt, Ole Miss, Northwestern, Missouri, Miami , Colorado, Kansas

He wont easily be replaced. Our football recruiting right now is not looking good.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
brown offered by Tennessee, Purdue, IU, Pitt, Ole Miss, Northwestern, Missouri, Miami , Colorado, Kansas

He wont easily be replaced. Our football recruiting right now is not looking good.
You're actually right about that, sorry.

Either way, I don't see it going any different way than it ever has before. Even another reason to adopt some 'niche' concept and commit to it.

Reactions: dawgoneyall

QMartinez

Jan 17, 2023
Since we're going to the Wishbone, does it really matter?
To be honest, it looks like we are losing a lot of good young talent the prior staff brought in but have no ability to replace it. Going to be a rough patch in a couple of years. Hopefully they hang on to Seth Davis and the young dL. getting shut out of the in state 2024 class is a killer.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
To be honest, it looks like we are losing a lot of good young talent the prior staff brought in but have no ability to replace it. Going to be a rough patch in a couple of years. Hopefully they hang on to Seth Davis and the young dL. getting shut out of the in state 2024 class is a killer.
Hard to keep 20 WRs on scholarship when only 7-8 are going to get significant playing time.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Honestly I hate losing recruits, but you are right. As long as it's receivers it's meaningless for the most part. We are going from playing 8 to 10 regularly to playing 3 or 4 ? We have too many regardless. But I do agree our recruiting is looking sketchy at best. But is all portal all the time now

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
I'm sure you do something besides *****. I just can't fathom what that is.

Reactions: paindonthurt

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
NIL may have a bearing on them leaving but it also could be work ethic, desire for playing time, culture, fat girlfriend and a host of other things that enter a 18 - 20 year old's head. If they don't want to be here, you probably won't be elevating your football program.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Brown was getting reps with the 2s as a kid who should still be in high school. Outside every qb leaving, this one looks to be pretty big

Reactions: QMartinez

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
NIL may have a bearing on them leaving but it also could be work ethic, desire for playing time, culture, fat girlfriend and a host of other things that enter a 18 - 20 year old's head. If they don't want to be here, you probably won't be elevating your football program.
Exactly, we are going to simply have to lean in on guys from MS who want to be here.

Has anybody thought that maybe these guys were Leach guys? Now that Arnett has changed the offense, and we are not as much of a continuation of Leach as we thought, this isnt surprising.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login