Kamron Beavers committed to OM today.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Right now Arnett is getting his clock cleaned in-state. I understand it’s a deep class especially at DL, but damn. I was told Arnett built his staff to lock down the state, but he seems to be taking Bama and Auburn leftovers.

Reactions: LimaoCabeca

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I saw that earlier and thought about posting. Decided not to because I didn't wanna hear all the goober saying it's still early. We gonna get ours. No worries. Seems to me we might need to be concerned. But hey, it is what it is. Signing day is a whole 6 and a half months away.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I saw that earlier and thought about posting. Decided not to because I didn't wanna hear all the goober saying it's still early. We gonna get ours. No worries. Seems to me we might need to be concerned. But hey, it is what it is. Signing day is a whole 6 and a half months away.
All the early takes seem like developmental projects, which is a gamble. If we don’t see a big up-tick in commitments after summer camps, I think it appropriate to hit the panic button. We’re not built to win a lot of late recruiting battles and we don’t seem interested in going all-in on the portal.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
No NIL gets you no recruits. Based on this boards response to NIL talk, everyone should prepare for some 80s like results.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Right now Arnett is getting his clock cleaned in-state. I understand it’s a deep class especially at DL, but damn. I was told Arnett built his staff to lock down the state, but he seems to be taking Bama and Auburn leftovers.
It doesn’t matter how good of a recruiter Arnett is. If we don’t have NIL money to give these kids, then they are going elsewhere.

It’s seems lIke in most sports our NIL gets drained dry by trying to keep the kids we already have on our roster, so we don’t really have any money left for new recruits.

Last edited:

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
CZA better get his #$%& together. For someone that bragged about wanting to put a fence around MS, he's falling on his face. I know it's early, but OM's commitment list has 7 MS kids and we have 1.

We can ***** and moan about NIL all day long, but his job is to figure this out. Fundraising is a bigger part of coaching than ever. Could be bigger than Xs and Os at times.

On top of that, the fact we have a coach at a DEEP discount for a year should help us in the money category. And somehow we aren't taking advantage of the situation. We are...

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
CZA better get his #$%& together. For someone that bragged about wanting to put a fence around MS, he's falling on his face. I know it's early, but OM's commitment list has 7 MS kids and we have 1.

We can ***** and moan about NIL all day long, but his job is to figure this out. Fundraising is a bigger part of coaching than ever. Could be bigger than Xs and Os at times.

On top of that, the fact we have a coach at a DEEP discount for a year should help us in the money category. And somehow we aren't taking advantage of the situation. We are...
That’s two different colors of money though. One doesn’t help recruiting.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
If you've listened to the Charlie Winfield interviews you know that our NIL has been prioritized for current players who have proven themselves or perhaps portal players we really need. Based on that it's not all that surprising our HS recruiting is suffering. NIL was never really intended for unproven HS recruits but we know that's not the current reality.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Better enjoy this year, because I don't like what I see coming after it.

I think we're about to enter an era where basketball is good again, and football suffers. Sort of like when the Jackie collapse/Croom Error and Stans.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Until the NCAA or another governing body for college sports gets this bs NIL stuff under control, we are going to get out-spent and probably lose some players already on the roster and not be able to get some players we use to be able to get coming out of HS.
But as the saying goes, you can’t put toothpaste back in the tube.
NIL is here to stay in some fashion but it needs to be controlled and cut way back.
That probably won’t happen either.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

No, actually it's the fans who have to figure out this is what college football is now. Our NIL is the worst in the SEC. It's pathetic for football. Arnett has been on the road for months trying to get people to give to NIL. We can't use school money for NIL.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
You guys settle down. It's all part of the master Mississippi State recruiting playbook. We're just gearing to steal all these guys later this year.
1684765104477.png

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
If we didn’t have so many people willing to throw $$ at a worthless club sport, then football wouldn’t be suffering as much as it is.
Praise The Lord Applause GIF

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
If we didn’t have so many people willing to throw $$ at a worthless club sport, then football wouldn’t be suffering as much as it is.
Understatement of the year. People are welcome to throw their money wherever they feel fit, but we are going to continue to get killed in football recruiting if the financial focus doesn’t shift off of a sport that almost no one else in the country gives a **** about.

Reactions: The Fatboy

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Agreed, but as I said, you figure it out. We are playing with A LOT of house money this year and not taking advantage of it.
I guess the Bulldog Foundation could write a check to the Bulldog Initiative and see what happens. I have a feeling the NCAA would wouldn't mind making an example of Mississippi State for outright pay-for-play.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
People are welcome to throw their money wherever they feel fit

Bingo, say it again for the people in the back of the congregation that didn't hear it the first time. That goes for which sport you want to give to, how much you give, and if you even give at all unless there are major changes made in its transparency.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
The thing is, we’re throwing all this money at a sport that 80% of the country doesn’t give a crap about and we still suck in that sport.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I've seen Hughes, Knox, and Turner work some magic in recruiting in the past, but it is definitely a different game today with NIL. I like our coaching staff and hopefully we can bring in some talented "under the radar" guys that slipped through the cracks.

I do agree with our method of paying existing players who are producing to try and keep them here and out of the portal. Everyone else will always be a question mark.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
never heard of her

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Bingo, say it again for the people in the back of the congregation that didn't hear it the first time. That goes for which sport you want to give to, how much you give, and if you even give at all unless there are major changes made in its transparency.
That being said, if you aren’t giving to football, then don’t complain about the results. I understand not liking the system in place, but we won’t be competitive with our fanbase’s current mindset towards NIL, particularly in football.

Reactions: The Fatboy

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Who cares about high school recruiting? Anybody who is a legit SEC caliber starter is going to be right back in the portal looking to maximize another payday within 12-24 months. If they end up being that good, just write the check then when they can really help you. Otherwise you might be wasting your money on a bust. Unless you just have near unlimited NIL resources, that’s the right strategy It’s dumb this is the system. But this is the system.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Seems everytime we win The Egg, tsun goes into Forward Rebels / Network Panic Mode and cleans our clock crootin' wise the next year. It's always smelled like complacency, apathy and tolerance on our part IMO.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
That being said, if you aren’t giving to football, then don’t complain about the results. I understand not liking the system in place, but we won’t be competitive with our fanbase’s current mindset towards NIL, particularly in football.
Have to be honest. I don't give to any of the 3 major mens sports. I buy season tickets, pay for the BC dues, but pretty certain I'll never give to the NIL. My favorites in order are Baseball, Basketball, and then football. Hope we do well in all sports, but if we don't, then we don't. I'm just not in for pay for play.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Understatement of the year. People are welcome to throw their money wherever they feel fit, but we are going to continue to get killed in football recruiting if the financial focus doesn’t shift off of a sport that almost no one else in the country gives a **** about.

I always base my enjoyment of things on whether or not other people find it as enjoyable as I do.

It's a great way to live your life.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Who cares about high school recruiting? Anybody who is a legit SEC caliber starter is going to be right back in the portal looking to maximize another payday within 12-24 months. If they end up being that good, just write the check then when they can really help you. Otherwise you might be wasting your money on a bust. Unless you just have near unlimited NIL resources, that’s the right strategy It’s dumb this is the system. But this is the system.
Name all the big time guys we get in the portal. We don't have the money to sign those when they already signed for big money and are looking to make more.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Name all the big time guys we get in the portal. We don't have the money to sign those when they already signed for big money and are looking to make more.
We are early on in the new NIL system. We’ve had enough decent experienced players of our own so far that the majority of our NIL money has been spent locking up our own talent. If our recruiting is such a bust now, then we won’t have many sophomores and juniors of our own to give significant NIL money to, and we’ll have those funds to target other teams players.

Feb 18, 2014
It frustrates me sometimes, especially during basketball season, to see well baseball starts in 2 months. However, let's say we give all baseball NIL money to football. Are we going to see results on par with the elite in the SEC? I know the last two years don't reflect it, but we know we can compete with the elite in baseball.

I don't know the answer. Zac Selmon is getting paid handsomely to figure out ways to increase our available funds. However, if you have to choose, would you rather support a sport that can win it all or a sport that even with renewed focus and spending will probably not sniff a title.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We are early on in the new NIL system. We’ve had enough decent experienced players of our own so far that the majority of our NIL money has been spent locking up our own talent. If our recruiting is such a bust now, then we won’t have many sophomores and juniors of our own to give significant NIL money to, and we’ll have those funds to target other teams players.
We're behind everyone in the SEC in football NIL. They've all been working on it for a couple years. We had John 17ing Cohen doing Jackshit.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login