Keenum.....second thoughts ?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I am not a Keenum fan and think it is beyond time for fresh blood in his position academically and athletically at State . However, given the current rapid state of flux of college football and the dire state of our football program I have to wonder in one way if he may not be our potential savior in one respect (at this time). He seems to be well respected and liked among his peers partially due to his long tenure I guess and would be in a much better position than a "new guy" to lobby for us being included in a Super Conference (or whatever the hell they will be called) . Thoughts ?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Keenum is currently a political spot for msu given his spot in national boards which might pay off. However, how much are his actions helping msu academically. Are we still doing well bringing in students, funding, rankings etc? Are we better now academically and with sports? Would we be worse without his national influence? Is it helping? Lot of changes to campus every time I go. Are the programs progressing and growing and getting interest?

Reactions: 17itdawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
No second thoughts at all.

But you’ll get your wish in a few years since he is 63.

But be careful, we might get the Weed Sciences Guy, right @Drebin and @DesotoCountyDawg ?
What Could Go Wrong Special Forces GIF by Beverley Mitchell

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Football wise, this is not the time at all to get rid of Keenum. The guy has a lot more pull than most know.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Some of us still remember the days of President Droopy Dog (who was there only to get his highest 4). Never underestimate the ability of Miss. State to underachieve.

Reactions: Spotdawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Football wise, this is not the time at all to get rid of Keenum. The guy has a lot more pull than most know.
The problem is not his pull. The problem is who he's pulling for and at what cost.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Boyce actually hired himself. He wasn't at the IHL when they were looking but was part of the consultants that interviewed their candidates. Decided none were good enough so he took the job for himself.
Ah, the ol’ Dick Cheney move.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
I am not a Keenum fan and think it is beyond time for fresh blood in his position academically and athletically at State . However, given the current rapid state of flux of college football and the dire state of our football program I have to wonder in one way if he may not be our potential savior in one respect (at this time). He seems to be well respected and liked among his peers partially due to his long tenure I guess and would be in a much better position than a "new guy" to lobby for us being included in a Super Conference (or whatever the hell they will be called) . Thoughts ?
Nothing has changed in the last couple days since this was asked

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login