Keenum will be next full time President. Book it.

KJDog

Mar 3, 2008
Possible interim will be Tuck or Watson. However, very good chance that Keenum will be put in almost immediately. Second item: Tom Meredith is in deep trouble.

Earlier this morning there was a phone call that involved several people one being Chairman Doug Davis, Senate University and College committee. He had no idea of the resignation when told about it. He called Tom Meredith and TM denied the resignation repeatedly. Remember, Davis controls IHL budget. Meredith continued to deny anything until about 1pm to Davis. There is a power game in play now that will put Keenum in NOW bypassing any search committee that Meredith could put together. This has backing of MAJOR PLAYERS in state government along with big time donors. After that is done - they are going after Meredith and get him out of IHL due to his repeated lies and how the initial process was completed with Gomer the general. Meredith has had his eyes on the Ole Miss job but that will not happen now.

Templeton will be given an additional two year contract extension - Byrne will be given choice to stay or go. Know matter how you feel about LT - this is a great day for MSU. Keenum should have been named President in first place and Gomer the general was a disaster from day one.

</p>

MaverickAG

Feb 8, 2005
Is this backed up by any reliable source or is this just pure speculation on your part?

And about Byrne, given a choice to stay in what capacity?

KJDog

Mar 3, 2008
Byrne will most likely stay where he is, however, with more involvement in all internal and external affairs. He may not want to do this and leave. Then Joe Dean Jr. will be on campus quickly.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006

</p>

Dawgbreeze

Jun 11, 2007
If LT is rehired, this place will implode. Like Doc or not, the replacement of Templeton will go down as one of the best things he did along with increasing enrollment. also, the cigar boys don't want Keenum, he was going to replace LT as well and that is why the boys made sure he didn't get the job.

MSUCE99

Nov 15, 2005
This is the kind of detailed stuff I like hearing about, regardless of whether it's true or not.

/not the LT part, the first part.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
This is BS. What the Hell? We get rid of the mother<17>, actually hire another <17> AD, and he still stays with the other guy as some kind of an Associate?

I don't see how the two are connected unless the cigar boys are somehow spearheading a conspiracy to get rid of Merideth and part of the deal is keeping LT.

williecunningham

Mar 3, 2008
Doesn't Khayat report to him Meredith has had a very successful career in higher education. He didn't build his resume seeking the jobs of people that work for him.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I think part of the reason for confusion is that previous IHL chiefs didn't have the power that Meredith has now that he's convinced Board members that there should be one person over the presidents rather than have the power divided. The board agreed, which isn't all that surprising since being on the IHL Board is a part-time job for them.

KJDog

Mar 3, 2008
trust me. meredith is in trouble with the senate power brokers. He lied his *** off today to the chairman when the chairman was being told what was going down early this morning. I CAN'T MAKE THIS <17> **** UP!

topdawg.sixpack

Nov 25, 2007
Meridith just takes orders from him. Tom Meridith is the reason we are in this mess, and we need to make sure that his *** is gone. I gurantee you that when Khayat retires they will not use the same selection process as we did to select Doc, and that is ********. We as MSU folks should cry bloody murder to restructure that pile of **** known as IHL, because it does NOTHING good for us.

Tom Meridith's career in higher education is always followed by scandal....He left Mississippi the first time in controversey, he left Tennessee in controversey, and he left Georgia in controversey. There is a pattern, and it aint no coincidence. And University presidents are paid better and are much more prestigious....And if you have the right backing you tell IHL what to do. Only in Mississippi are University Presidents treated on equal par to the governor.

Keenum may get the job, but LT is done. LT was the reason Keenum didnt get the job in the first place, plus the fact Meridith and the Presscotts knew he would do a good job and not listen to them....so they pick a 17ing 4-star general expecting him to do so.

sixpackmafia

Feb 24, 2008
This whole thing smells like rank ***......if LT comes back, it will be a step backwards for MSU.......the biggest problem our university and athletic dept has is that we are so very reactive and Not proactive.......we wait until everyone else does something, and then we have to catch up.....its all our piece of **** alumni who are content and scared of change.....Doc brought in change with the new leadership, and people got their panties in a wad.....

you cant take LT away from us, then give him back.....that's Indian Taking!!!</p>

shamrock.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I saw khayat interviewed on tv a couple of months ago talking about how colleges should have succession plans for the schools. I guess he meant just ole miss. I wrote Meredith last time and never heard a word back. O.K., that won't work......

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login