Kendall Graveman traded

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
back to the Astros. A good chance they make the playoffs possibly even win their division. Not an Astros fan but would like to see him get a ring.

I believe he will be the last pitcher to bat in a World Series, unless Ohtani makes the World Series, since MLB has gone to the universal DH.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
back to the Astros. A good chance they make the playoffs possibly even win their division. Not an Astros fan but would like to see him get a ring.

I believe he will be the last pitcher to bat in a World Series, unless Ohtani makes the World Series, since MLB has gone to the universal DH.
Kind of a cool stat

Reactions: patdog

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022

Good dude. One of my customers’ wife taught him in middle school. Auburn folks that have a soft spot in their heart for MSU. Good folks. Best of luck to Kendall.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I hate to pull against Ohtani, but suddenly I’m pulling against Ohtani. How does it work when he pitches? Is he the pitcher batting or the DH batting? i.e, if he’s pulled from pitching, does he keep his spot in the batting order?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I hate to pull against Ohtani, but suddenly I’m pulling against Ohtani. How does it work when he pitches? Is he the pitcher batting or the DH batting? i.e, if he’s pulled from pitching, does he keep his spot in the batting order?

Yes, he can now stay in all games as a DH after being pulled from the mound. Previously, he had to move to RF to stay in, because double-switches were not allowed for the DH position. The 2022 CBA changed that.

I think college is and always has let pitchers stay in to DH. I seem to remember Tim Hudson staying in as DH when he was at Auburn.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yes, he can now stay in all games as a DH after being pulled from the mound. Previously, he had to move to RF to stay in, because double-switches were not allowed for the DH position. The 2022 CBA changed that.

I think college is and always has let pitchers stay in to DH. I seem to remember Tim Hudson staying in as DH when he was at Auburn.

Thanks. So technically, Graveman can still be last pitcher to bat. Old rule in the American League used to be you forfeited the DH if your pitcher bats, so if he’s pulled from the mound, the new pitcher also took his place in the batting order.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login