Kendall Rogers say…

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Bored Season 5 GIF by The Office

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007

I will say Kendall has been acting weird when it comes to MSU recently. The way he went off on his podcast about Montgomery possibly transferring to MSU was strange considering how he much he has praised other transfers, especially to LSU.

Hasn't always been that way. I don't know if Lemonis pissed him off or if he's just getting his info directly from Jay Johnson, but it would have been easy for him to say that it's a strong possibility that Montgomery is coming to State. Pretty much everyone thinks that. "Monty could go anywhere" is an odd thing to say.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I could see Bear nation being offended by this article and raising the cost of everything.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
It is clear that Lemonis has gotten sideways with the D1 guys especially Kendall & D1 has a total teenage girl-crush on Jay Johnson.
D1 has always hyped the schools that give them access like Florida, but this crap is ridiculous.
Unfortunately we can only hope that Lemonis proofs them wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: skydawg1

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I will say Kendall has been acting weird when it comes to MSU recently. The way he went off on his podcast about Montgomery possibly transferring to MSU was strange considering how he much he has praised other transfers, especially to LSU.

Hasn't always been that way. I don't know if Lemonis pissed him off or if he's just getting his info directly from Jay Johnson, but it would have been easy for him to say that it's a strong possibility that Montgomery is coming to State. Pretty much everyone thinks that. "Monty could go anywhere" is an odd thing to say.
Kendall is a Grade A doosh. I'm being serious here, no MSU type bias.

Reactions: Gorillus and patdog
May 20, 2023
Yeah, I don’t get hard on for PG and Kendall Rogers one way or the other. Their predictions after they do their tours for fall ball is pretty abysmal overall and they miss on prospects pretty often.

But, it is obvious from his language that he prefers some programs over others and State is definitely not one of his favored. Concerning Montgomery, an accurate and appropriate response would have been “State, among others are in the mix”, especially when all signs point toward us having a slight advantage. He is refusing to throw us a bone.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah, I don’t get hard on for PG and Kendall Rogers one way or the other. Their predictions after they do their tours for fall ball is pretty abysmal overall and they miss on prospects pretty often.

But, it is obvious from his language that he prefers some programs over others and State is definitely not one of his favored. Concerning Montgomery, an accurate and appropriate response would have been “State, among others are in the mix”, especially when all signs point toward us having a slight advantage. He is refusing to throw us a bone.
He is very loyal to Bianco, something about Bianco being nice to him in the Perfect Game days.

Either way, he's a snarky little man who has very little baseball experience but he still likes it (which is fine), but now kinda basks in his 'authority' now that he's a writer in the field. But, even still, his sources are not very good, and he's usually way off in his actual baseball predictions and coach search predictions. He is the only reason people thought we were after Cliff Godwin, and it's just made up because he was nice to Rogers like 15 years ago.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Who knows, maybe Holman prefers being a back end weekend starter to being a Friday night guy. He definitely has the chance to be THE guy in the rotation for us. Hurd is likely going to be the main guy at LSU next season.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Who knows, maybe Holman prefers being a back end weekend starter to being a Friday night guy. He definitely has the chance to be THE guy in the rotation for us. Hurd is likely going to be the main guy at LSU next season.
Or maybe he took one look at the shitshow our program has been the last 2 years and said screw that even with the new pitching coach, I want to play for a title.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That's the big decision for him to make right there. I'm guessing LSU simply because he was already the guy at Alabama, and the perception is there of winning. Maybe he doesn't want the pressure of being the Friday guy, but there again, LSU baseball is the definition of pressure.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
There are good players, including pitchers, at some mid-tier and small schools we should get. A lot of conferences have SEC ready pitchers who throw low-mid 90s.

Reactions: patdog

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Or maybe he took one look at the shitshow our program has been the last 2 years and said screw that even with the new pitching coach, I want to play for a title.
Look, we all know the program has been a shitshow the last 2 seasons but Lemonis has also shown in his first 3 seasons that with the right roster makeup he can not only take a team to Omaha but win the whole thing. Seems we have a lot of folks just wanting us to crap the bed again next year. Best case would be Lemonis gets his act together with Parker and things get back to where we should be. Getting Holman would be a big step in that direction.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Wait, you mean players dont choose to come play in the Carnegie hall of college baseball stadiums?

Dogsincebirth

Sep 29, 2020
Look, we all know the program has been a shitshow the last 2 seasons but Lemonis has also shown in his first 3 seasons that with the right roster makeup he can not only take a team to Omaha but win the whole thing. Seems we have a lot of folks just wanting us to crap the bed again next year. Best case would be Lemonis gets his act together with Parker and things get back to where we should be. Getting Holman would be a big step in that direction.
I have a different perspective. IMO, the only thing Lemonis has shown during his tenure at MSU is that he can win when a great roster is handed to him, but he is incapable of winning consistently with his own roster. He sat on his rear end and did nothing in the transfer portal to replace some great players after the 2021 CWS championship when we were on top of the heap and had all of the momentum in the world going for us. Lemonis is a loser.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login