Kermit Davis officially fired...

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Season 3 Drama GIF by PBS
season 1 little pete GIF

Last edited:

atomic dawg

Apr 4, 2019
I get that it's a business and we passed him over multiple times. But there's a part of me that will never forgive him for taking that job.
For 2.5 million annually... I dont know, man. I hate OM as much as anyone but if your in the coaching game and if that's the job you're offered... the internal conflict would be real, but I might sell out, so I cant hold it against the guy. That said, 17 him!

patdog

May 28, 2007
For 2.5 million annually... I dont know, man. I hate OM as much as anyone but if your in the coaching game and if that's the job you're offered... the internal conflict would be real, but I might sell out, so I cant hold it against the guy. That said, 17 him!
I never said my feelings were rational or even fair. But I'm like Jack Cristal said he told his daughter when she was choosing a college, "You can go to any college in the country and I'll pay for it. Except one."

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Let's just be honest. If those asshats in Oxford offered any of us 2.5 mil to do our current job up there the uhaul would be in front of your house in less than 15 minutes. We can hate them in our heart but cash that check at the same time.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
I get that it's a business and we passed him over multiple times. But there's a part of me that will never forgive him for taking that job.
Coaches, players, administrators and staffers have careers just like the rest of us. And loyalty to good ole state U doesn’t always factor in. That seems so obvious to most but some seem to struggle with that reality.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Coaches, players, administrators and staffers have careers just like the rest of us. And loyalty to good ole state U doesn’t always factor in. That seems so obvious to most but some seem to struggle with that reality.
I think I made it pretty clear that of course I get all of that. I completely understand and I'm sure I'd have done the same thing in the same circumstances. But still, there's a part of me that says 17 him for taking that job.

Reactions: jwbigcreek

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I can't hold it against Kermit. You've got to take your chances wherever you get them.

That said, anything bad that happens for Ole Miss athletics is a huge plus in my book.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I can't hold it against Kermit. You've got to take your chances wherever you get them.

That said, anything bad that happens for Ole Miss athletics is a huge plus in my book.

Exactly. Ole Miss granted him his second major conference opportunity & that's one more than most people thought he'd get.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
What in the world? How could you guys be mad at Kermit Davis?
Dude did us a SOLID.
Does anyone doubt that he was our saboteur?
He played his string out to the end just perfectly. It will take a couple of years, maybe more, for OM to recover.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011

I'd take a dump on the mound at dudy noble during super bulldog weekend wearing an Eli jersey if ole miss paid me 250k a year, I can't imagine what I'd do for 2.5 mil a year.

I get the idea but damn that's a lot of money.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I can appreciate both sides here. Me personally? The thought of coaching at Ole Miss makes me sick, wouldn't consider it evah and wouldn't blame a Confed who felt the same about STATE.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Let's just be honest. If those asshats in Oxford offered any of us 2.5 mil to do our current job up there the uhaul would be in front of your house in less than 15 minutes. We can hate them in our heart but cash that check at the same time.
At $2.5M/yr, it's be a little classier than U-Haul. I wouldn't lift a finger except to point which things go next.

Reactions: patdog

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
He could have stayed at MTSU, make $750,000 to $1,000,000/ year and literally never worry about being fired. They would build a statue for him in Murfreesboro if he had stayed.

He was successful enough during his last 7 years at MTSU that he had chances to jump and could have waited for other P5 jobs with a big pay days. Instead he decided to jump for money to coach at our rival. 17 him.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
He could have stayed at MTSU, make $750,000 to $1,000,000/ year and literally never worry about being fired. They would build a statue for him in Murfreesboro if he had stayed.

He was successful enough during his last 7 years at MTSU that he had chances to jump and could have waited for other P5 jobs with a big pay days. Instead he decided to jump for money to coach at our rival. 17 him.
No coaching job is secure. And how can you be mad at a guy that destroyed anything associated with Ole Miss?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login