Kermit trying to play defense is bush league.

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
Watch Kermit try to be an extra defender on this possession late in the first half. Starts out on the sideline, walks out onto the court, and refuses to back up when Jeffries catches the ball next to him. Ref tells him to back up twice, and he pretends to look elsewhere. Bush league. But what else would you expect...

1673302223451.png

Attachments

• 1673301969805.png
    1673301969805.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 1

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I don't understand how that's not an automatic technical. Even if it's completely unintentional, seems like once they interfere with play like that it has to be a penalty, just like in football how you can have a sideline warning but once you actually interfere with a play it has to be a penalty.

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
Was at the game and fans were giving it to him pretty good. I don’t remember him ever doing it to that extent. You can’t tell from the angle of the video but he was a min of one foot in bounds to three feet. It was effecting the play when state was scoring on the same side as the rebel bench. Funny he wasn’t on the court in the second half when the rebels were scoring on that end. Classless move. Made it more difficult for state first half. Is there something they could call on him? Could it be a team foul or something or is a warning all they can do?
I wish one of our players would have caught his chin with their shoulder or something and put him on his sorry fat ***. He is an embarrassment (as an alum) to our school.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Yeah, I remember seeing it and Jans giving the official hell afterwards. It's one thing to maybe be standing on the line, but to have both feet fully out on the court? Ridiculous.

TorchingTime

Aug 25, 2012
Jans was in the ref's ear right after that. He kept waving towards the Ole Miss bench. At one point Davis was nearly out to the three point line and he just kept doing it. I'd be interested to see if he does that every game or just this one.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Watch Kermit try to be an extra defender on this possession late in the first half. Starts out on the sideline, walks out onto the court, and refuses to back up when Jeffries catches the ball next to him. Ref tells him to back up twice, and he pretends to look elsewhere. Bush league. But what else would you expect...

View attachment 295035

I wish that DJ would dribbled the ball into him

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I don't understand how that's not an automatic technical. Even if it's completely unintentional, seems like once they interfere with play like that it has to be a penalty, just like in football how you can have a sideline warning but once you actually interfere with a play it has to be a penalty.

A ref can call a bench technical foul when the coach enters the playing floor. But if they did it everytime it happened, most coaches would be ejected before halftime for two technicals.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
I was at the game and I saw him actually be within the 3 point line when the ball was on that side. I said there and then that if I was the coach I'd have one of my guys run right into him and fall down on purpose. The ref would be forced to give him a T and that would stop it.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Perhaps the second worst non-player participation in the action was at 1:17:00 or so. Our fans do the old (and I do mean old) "LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT..." routine, straight from the 1987 Cameron Indoor playbook. As my 9 year old said, "Cringe".

Then to make matters worse, they yell "SIT DOWN" right when our own player is shooting a free throw. It's not only lame, but it shows a serious lack of awareness of the game going on. FTs are hard enough for us. Sheesh.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
I like Junior and the whole family. Grew up with them in Starkville. Use to sneak into McCarthy as kids.
Ever think Junior was trying to get a T because he was pissed off?

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Sesame Street Reaction GIF by ProBit Global

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Our fans do the old (and I do mean old) "LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT..." routine, straight from the 1987 Cameron Indoor playbook. As my 9 year old said, "Cringe".

Then to make matters worse, they yell "SIT DOWN" right when our own player is shooting a free throw. It's not only lame, but it shows a serious lack of awareness of the game going on. FTs are hard enough for us. Sheesh.
Our students have done that since at least the 90s when I was there. Has been a few years since there were enough of them left in the stands by the time somebody fouled out to be heard. I did notice exactly what you were talking about when they yelled sit down just as our guy shot.

Since we are a couple of student class generations removed awareness-wise from how you’re supposed to do this, maybe Jans could do a class on how to effectively cheer at a basketball game.

grimedawg1

Aug 25, 2012

View attachment 295035

He needs a get back coach.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Our students have done that since at least the 90s when I was there. Has been a few years since there were enough of them left in the stands by the time somebody fouled out to be heard. I did notice exactly what you were talking about when they yelled sit down just as our guy shot.

Since we are a couple of student class generations removed awareness-wise from how you’re supposed to do this, maybe Jans could do a class on how to effectively cheer at a basketball game.
Oh we were definitely doing it in the late 80's, back when it was new. I don't think it needs to be Jans, but it would be great if someone (maybe a student leader) took control and got some creative new cheers/jeers/etc. going for the student section, now that they finally have a team worth putting time into.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Oh we were definitely doing it in the late 80's, back when it was new. I don't think it needs to be Jans, but it would be great if someone (maybe a student leader) took control and got some creative new cheers/jeers/etc. going for the student section, now that they finally have a team worth putting time into.
We need to grab a Duke underclassman from the fan portal

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login