Kia ! The driver walked away uninjured

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Saw that clip this morning and none of it seems possible. I'm no physicist but how in the world did that tire make the car bounce that high in the air? Also, how in the world did someone walk away from that without any sort of serious injury? The whole thing is just nuts.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I was driving through Atlanta Northbound on 285 and looked up and a big tire like that was hopping over the median barricade from Southbound lanes and proceeded to bounce/and roll many times down the lanes into Northbound oncoming traffic. Cars were swerving all over those lanes. As far as I could keep track of it nobody hit it or anyone else and I never heard anything on the news but it was wild to say the least.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I was driving through Atlanta Northbound on 285 and looked up and a big tire like that was hopping over the median barricade from Southbound lanes and proceeded to bounce/and roll many times down the lanes into Northbound oncoming traffic. Cars were swerving all over those lanes. As far as I could keep track of it nobody hit it or anyone else and I never heard anything on the news but it was wild to say the least.
I drove right past an 18 wheeler tire playing pinball under an overpass on I-35 in San Antonio 15 years ago. It was life or death pong. Luckily I won that round... Figure I just avoid overpasses from here on out just in case.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The truck that lost the tire never checked up. He got the hell out of there.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Sometimes I believe God says <not yet> . But then again the Faith I have tells me God doesn’t affect the course.

I have had things come off vehicles in front of me and was able to avoid them. This makes me think of the time a family in a van just happened to be driving under and over pass on 55 in Jackson and a Bushhog blade came off a mower and crashed through the windshield killing the lady in the passenger seat. Just freaky things happen sometimes.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Insane, looks like a scene from a movie for sure.

A few years ago, while driving out of Nashville (post sporting evert) a piece of the Interstate (65) flew up and struck my car (Infiniti G35x) and hit right in the center of the hood and then flew over the car just missing the windshield. If it had been an inch higher, the windshield would have been destroyed and could have been a really bad situation. Left a huge gash in the hood, had to replace it. Looked like a dinosaur claw ripped the hood. The whole thing happened so quickly, had no time to react.

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
Insane, looks like a scene from a movie for sure.

A few years ago, while driving out of Nashville (post sporting evert) a piece of the Interstate (65) flew up and struck my car (Infiniti G35x) and hit right in the center of the hood and then flew over the car just missing the windshield. If it had been an inch higher, the windshield would have been destroyed and could have been a really bad situation. Left a huge gash in the hood, had to replace it. Looked like a dinosaur claw ripped the hood. The whole thing happened so quickly, had no time to react.
Same thing happened to my Lamborghini and my brothers Ferrari. Weird

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login