Kicker next season

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
So our HS kicker that we were going to sign now says he will sign in February. He is concerned if we are going to keep Mele on staff. I guess we were going to get a portal kicker anyway, but now may have to get 2.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I have a feeling that Australian punter we have coming in on scholarship can handle both easily.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I have a feeling that Australian punter we have coming in on scholarship can handle both easily.
Australian punters have no skills as place kickers. They’re punters because they place Aussie football and basically punt the ball all the time.

ExtremeDog

Apr 8, 2003
Our other high school kicker, Carson Alan from Eutawah Georgia did not sign either. Both Ferrie and Alan were offered PWO’s, which is typical for high school Kickers,

i have been saying all along……..it’s time to recruit Michael Petro, the 9th ranked kicker in the class of 2023 out of Marcus High School in Flower Mound, Texas. Petro is currently committed to a PWO at UTSA which I believe also includes an NIL Deal.

I posted this back in late summer, and was immediately met with, “if we are having to beat out UTSA for a kicker, that kicker sucks and we don’t want him.” That‘s logical thinking.

The two kickers that we have committed are ranked 26 and 27. Petro competed against these guys at an invitation only kicking camp the second Friday in June, and scored higher than both of them. He also competed against these guys at numerous Kohl’s kicking camps in the spring and summer and scored higher.

i have seen comments about Ferrie’s booming leg. I have never seen a comment about him kicking off a 2 inch kicking block. A 2 inch block is only allowed in Arkansas. All other states allow a one inch block or less.

For whatever reason, Eric Mele will not give Petro the time of day. We never even sent him a “thank you for attending camp” letter that other guys who competed that day received in the mail. Basically, we gave him a double middle finger for no reason at all.

I have seen on other boards where Ferrie has been called the “most connected signee in the class of 2023 to the university.” The last time I checked, three members of the Petro family from Leland played on the football team under Bob Tyler. All 3 became members of the M club. 1 of them (Emile Petro) was first team all Sec. Emile’s brother Michele (Lebanese for Michael), has a monument built in his honor in front of McArthur Hall. Anky Petro became a surgeon in Jackson.

Therefore, we have a top 10 kicker who I feel would come here if offered. But for whatever reason, we do not want him.

24/7 has Petro ranked as #11 in the country.

below are his hudl highlights:

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
There’s a kicker at Ripley, Ms who we need to give a shot. He’ll be a senior next fall.
Very good kicker and our coaches know all about him.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Our other high school kicker, Carson Alan from Eutawah Georgia did not sign either. Both Ferrie and Alan were offered PWO’s, which is typical for high school Kickers,

i have been saying all along……..it’s time to recruit Michael Petro, the 9th ranked kicker in the class of 2023 out of Marcus High School in Flower Mound, Texas. Petro is currently committed to a PWO at UTSA which I believe also includes an NIL Deal.

I posted this back in late summer, and was immediately met with, “if we are having to beat out UTSA for a kicker, that kicker sucks and we don’t want him.” That‘s logical thinking.

The two kickers that we have committed are ranked 26 and 27. Petro competed against these guys at an invitation only kicking camp the second Friday in June, and scored higher than both of them. He also competed against these guys at numerous Kohl’s kicking camps in the spring and summer and scored higher.

i have seen comments about Ferrie’s booming leg. I have never seen a comment about him kicking off a 2 inch kicking block. A 2 inch block is only allowed in Arkansas. All other states allow a one inch block or less.

For whatever reason, Eric Mele will not give Petro the time of day. We never even sent him a “thank you for attending camp” letter that other guys who competed that day received in the mail. Basically, we gave him a double middle finger for no reason at all.

I have seen on other boards where Ferrie has been called the “most connected signee in the class of 2023 to the university.” The last time I checked, three members of the Petro family from Leland played on the football team under Bob Tyler. All 3 became members of the M club. 1 of them (Emile Petro) was first team all Sec. Emile’s brother Michele (Lebanese for Michael), has a monument built in his honor in front of McArthur Hall. Anky Petro became a surgeon in Jackson.

Therefore, we have a top 10 kicker who I feel would come here if offered. But for whatever reason, we do not want him.

24/7 has Petro ranked as #11 in the country.

below are his hudl highlights:

You follow kicking way too much.

Reactions: mdm3045
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login