Kickoffs - 1 out of 8 were touchbacks

bomanishus

Mar 17, 2009
This is going to be a problem if we can't kick it out of the field of play.

Is Hauck the # 1 kicker or was he filling in for Barr-Mira who was injured or what?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I swear, our fans worry about the smallest stuff. None of their returns made it back to the 25, so kicking it inside the 5 but not for a touchback was the right call. I’m sure it was by design, probably by coaches, you know, watching film and deciding that SELA’s return game wasn’t that good. I’m sure if we’re playing teams with a dangerous return man, we’ll kick it for touchbacks.

Reactions: operch

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I swear, our fans worry about the smallest stuff. None of their returns made it back to the 25, so kicking it inside the 5 but not for a touchback was the right call. I’m sure it was by design, probably by coaches, you know, watching film and deciding that SELA’s return game wasn’t that good. I’m sure if we’re playing teams with a dangerous return man, we’ll kick it for touchbacks.
It's clearly another case we forgot to let the coaches know exactly how to game plan. I hopefully before we kick off this week they will check with all the board coaches and find out exactly what they need to do and why.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Agreed. This was clearly be design. And it worked.

Caveat: I hope SEC teams take this approach with Tulu.

Disclaimer: I hope we plan to kick it into the end zone against most SEC teams.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
"There were some things that showed up in field goal protection that we have to clean up," Arnett said. "We'd like to have all touchbacks so we don't have to cover kicks"

My guess is we have somebody else kicking off this week.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login