Kiffin signs extension

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Wow. He did everything he could to leave and it didn’t work. Tough situation brewing in Oxford, IMO**

natchezdawg

Oct 4, 2009
You laugh, but you would be surprised...

at the volume of folks on this board who have been losing sleep over this....

Last edited:

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Wow. He did everything he could to leave and it didn’t work. Tough situation brewing in Oxford, IMO**

I’m certainly interested to see what he will do with a rebuild. They should be able to get a pretty good transfer QB. Not sure what their underclassmen situation looks like.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Agree totally. Kiffin lives rent free in some of y’all’s heads. At any given time, there are like three different Kiffin threads on the front page. He’s going to be at Ole Miss for a few more years at least, so get used to him. We need to just get better and start kicking his smug ***.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Kiffin will be there as long as they will have him. He won't get a better job than Ole Miss. Most places wouldn't touch him with a 40 ft pole as a HC.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I wouldn’t worry too much about them. He’ll bring in the UCF QB & not miss a beat.

Tomas Smid

May 4, 2010

Actually, I think his agent and Kiffin did everything they could to maximize his contract and it worked to perfection. This is far from Sexton's first rodeo.

Aug 22, 2012
Kiffin will be there as long as they will have him. He won't get a better job than Ole Miss. Most places wouldn't touch him with a 40 ft pole as a HC.

Yeah this is just dumb. Brian Kelly killed a kid and he just got 100 mil. I’m pretty sure some bad tweets aren’t going to stop Lane from getting a bigger job. But he’s gotta prove he can build first.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

Someone else said it on this board. He acts like a kid too much. "Get You Popcorn Ready", Throwing his play **** 20 feet in the air, Retweeting a guys tweet from another school but Ole Miss likes that. No one else will and to add Ole Miss will pimp their wives out to get a top 10 recruiting class.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
Actually, I think his agent and Kiffin did everything they could to maximize his contract and it worked to perfection. This is far from Sexton's first rodeo.

UMiss is now over paying him at $7.5 MM. Thats what Mullen was making at UF after taking them to Atlanta. Get your popcorn ready.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
I’m certainly interested to see what he will do with a rebuild. They should be able to get a pretty good transfer QB. Not sure what their underclassmen situation looks like.

The roster is really lopsided. We have to hope that they hit on some guys last year and that the Bralon Brown’s, MJ Daniels and Brandon Buckhalter’s live up to their rankings. Luke left one good class, the 2019 class, and a lot of “meh” beyond that. They’re trying to even it out some by using the portal, to allow them to win some games while they get it rebuilt.

But it’s no secret we are losing some key pieces, even beyond Corral this year. And it appears Nick Broeker is going pro, which is a blow. He’s not Charles Cross, but he’s a really good SEC LT, and those are very hard to replace. Very. And them having Zach Evans on campus this weekend tells me that they expect to lose at least one of Ealy or Snoop Conner. They’ve hit multiple home runs and doubles in the portal their first 2 years, so my fingers are crossed that’ll continue. But odds are, there will be some misses in the portal at some point.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
They paid a lot less for a NY6 bowl, and their first 10 win season. They will be paying top dollar now for worse results.

Its probably a slight overpay, I agree with you. But when you can only go out to 4 years and have legit concerns about other schools that can offer 6,7 or 8 year contracts, you’ve got to overpay. I imagine Leach will have a healthy raise announced soon, also. And deservedly so.

The truth is, Kiffin took over a team who’d not been to a bowl game in 4 years, embarrassed themselves on national TV, and were 4-8. And he’s got them in the Sugar Bowl in year 2. Regardless of him having Corral or whoever at QB, big picture wise, he’s done a hell of a job. He’s also 14-3 in his last 17 games, with 14 of those against SEC or P5 teams, and 2 of the 3 G5 games being solid G5 teams.

Keith Carter just simply cannot let that walk away over a million or 2 million dollars. Retaining Kiffin will bring in way more than the 2.5-3.5 million dollar difference in salary between him and Lebby or whoever the replacement coach would’ve been, that you’d have paid at least $4 million anyways.

patdog

May 28, 2007
False. If he wins and doesn't get in trouble, he'll leave in two years
That's what people said 2 years ago. He's in a NY6 bowl and signing an extension. And with so many of the few premier jobs coming open this year, it'll probably be 3-4 years before those come open again. Very good chance he's going to be there for a while.

tbaydog

Feb 25, 2008
Its probably a slight overpay, I agree with you. But when you can only go out to 4 years and have legit concerns about other schools that can offer 6,7 or 8 year contracts, you’ve got to overpay. I imagine Leach will have a healthy raise announced soon, also. And deservedly so.

The truth is, Kiffin took over a team who’d not been to a bowl game in 4 years, embarrassed themselves on national TV, and were 4-8. And he’s got them in the Sugar Bowl in year 2. Regardless of him having Corral or whoever at QB, big picture wise, he’s done a hell of a job. He’s also 14-3 in his last 17 games, with 14 of those against SEC or P5 teams, and 2 of the 3 G5 games being solid G5 teams.

Keith Carter just simply cannot let that walk away over a million or 2 million dollars. Retaining Kiffin will bring in way more than the 2.5-3.5 million dollar difference in salary between him and Lebby or whoever the replacement coach would’ve been, that you’d have paid at least $4 million anyways.

Again, you are one of the few that has way too much common sense on this board!

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
IF Arch wants to go to OM and IF the Mannings like Kiffin and think he's a winning coach for OM, he'll be there at least until Arch leaves AND they'll reel in some very good recruiting classes during his stay. Sorry, just felt like sloshing a bucket of cold water on everyone this morning.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
IF Arch wants to go to OM and IF the Mannings like Kiffin and think he's a winning coach for OM, he'll be there at least until Arch leaves AND they'll reel in some very good recruiting classes during his stay. Sorry, just felt like sloshing a bucket of cold water on everyone this morning.

Lebby is the key to Arch’s recruitment. I’ve heard from those who might actually know that if Lebby is here, Ole Miss is the clear cut favorite. If he’s not, they’re borderline out of consideration. And I don’t see us keeping him through next offseason. But, if we can keep him this year, and get Arch to commit in the spring, they might could hold onto him. Because I don’t see the Manning’s having a very dramatic recruitment. I feel like wherever he commits will have a 95% chance of ultimately signing him.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
Lebby is the key to Arch’s recruitment. I’ve heard from those who might actually know that if Lebby is here, Ole Miss is the clear cut favorite. If he’s not, they’re borderline out of consideration. And I don’t see us keeping him through next offseason. But, if we can keep him this year, and get Arch to commit in the spring, they might could hold onto him. Because I don’t see the Manning’s having a very dramatic recruitment. I feel like wherever he commits will have a 95% chance of ultimately signing him.

And 30 minutes later I find out that Lebby is going to Oklahoma lol

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login