Kiffin to ND

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
It would make sense to leave from one morally and academically elite university to go to another one! I could see it.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Here's the real rumor.... Lebby is being rumored to go to OU with Venables because he's a recovering coke addict who told Lane under no circumstance can he coach in Miami.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
A coke addict in Oxford???? Maybe he didn’t do enough research before moving there. Or maybe he did….

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Before you start throwing stones, look around. There was enough to be had in my early days in Starkville. Fortunately I got out of it. My GF did not and it ruined her life.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Before you start throwing stones, look around. There was enough to be had in my early days in Starkville. Fortunately I got out of it. My GF did not and it ruined her life.

Hell it's on every college campus. However, I've told this before here, I have a brother in law working for North MS Narcotics and he says between Memphis and Oxford it's exceptionally bad. 55 and 278 from Memphis is like a drug aorta straight to Oxford. Memphis is a major drug hub.

Last edited:

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
If you have ever done coke in South Florida and coke in North Mississippi you will understand that comment. Its a different product.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Hell it's on every college campus. However, I've told this before here, I have a brother in law working for North MS Narcotics and he says between Memphis and Oxford it's exceptionally bad. 55 and 278 from Memphis is like a drug aorta straight to Oxford. Memphis is a major drug hub.

I don't know, if y'all have a dope problem in Atlanter, but I know that, uh in Jackson MS, there has been actually marijuana SOLD on the streets
They out... they out in the street sellin it. The police can not contain ALL the marijuaner that's in Jackson. That's the truth.

But if you've ever seen somebody high on marijuaner, uh, you can tell, they cuticles are dialated. Now I learned that in the Narcotics Trainin' Prevention in Tupelo MS.
They teach that ever' 6 months, and we went up there, and, to see it And they had a boy that, that tried that marijuaner pill And, uh, his eyes rolled back upon his head, and he liked to, he liked to kicked over
He was shakin and uh, hollerin', uh He was hollerin' that "Trip Out" just as loud as he could And that's what he, uh, he was actually what they call "Freakin Out"

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I guess I hung out with kids that hid it well because outside of the Sigma Chi house, I didn’t hear squat about coke at MSU. The devil’s weed is all I knew about. And, no, I didn’t hang out around the BSU kids.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Unless he's got an ace in his pocket I think that Kiffin isn't going anywhere this year. Of course it all change next weekend when this merry go round of coaching hires really get started.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Unless he's got an ace in his pocket I think that Kiffin isn't going anywhere this year. Of course it all change next weekend when this merry go round of coaching hires really get started.

This. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure anyone holding out for Kiffin to take another job somewhere is going to be pretty disappointed. He'll be coaching in Oxford again next year.

AtlantaDawg

Nov 27, 2017
This. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure anyone holding out for Kiffin to take another job somewhere is going to be pretty disappointed. He'll be coaching in Oxford again next year.

I agree... Kiffin embarrassed the University of Tennessee badly to pursue his "dream job". He then only lasted a few years at his dream job before being literally thrown off the bus.

His interviews are a bit of an embarrassment ("Get the popcorn ready" and throwing down the Mic before getting his *** kicked by Bama), his behavior on the sideline against Tennessee and Mississippi State have been pretty childish, not to mention his tweets about eggs...

He acts like a kid that just figured out that he better stop recruiting like Mullen, so his plan is to embarrass his rivals with tweets and taunt fans during the game. Perhaps he believes this is the best plan to flip recruits.

The thrown mustard bottles and golf-balls were a direct result of his team faking injuries 12 times, controversial refereeing, and taunting.

This guy is trouble, and he is going to eventually embarrass any AD who hires him...

He likely started acting up against the MSU fans out of frustration that all of these openings exist and no one is calling him...

Last edited:

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
You guys act like the only place the dust lands is on the Florida coast . . . au contraire mon frère.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Our supply came from a port inspector in New Orleans through his sister.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
It's Miami or bust. Once Cristobal tells them no, they'll go get Lane. That's really the only job I think he'd leave for, that is currently open. He ain't going to Notre Dame and I doubt he goes to Washington.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
That is funny. I’ll give you a Real Natty!
It took me a minute to understand what this mean, to be honest, haha. My first thought was “does he mean he’ll give me a part of their baseball natty? That doesn’t make sense..” then it went to “maybe he means he’ll buy me a Natty Light? In which case, hell yeah!” And then I finally looked and saw what the thumbs up/thumbs down signs were called, currently, and well, let’s just say y’all know which one of the morally and academically elite universities I graduated from.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
It's Miami or bust. Once Cristobal tells them no, they'll go get Lane. That's really the only job I think he'd leave for, that is currently open. He ain't going to Notre Dame and I doubt he goes to Washington.

I’ve got legitimate concerns about Miami. There’s too many comments from people who actually know things at Ole Miss. I’ve thought all along that it was probably 75/25 that Kiffin returned to Ole Miss. And I think it’s probably more like 65/35 now. And when you consider that other big jobs have been filled you’d think it would go the other way.. if Miami fires Diaz it goes to 55/45, and then if Cristobal says no.. well, let’s just say I’m gonna get nervous. Ideally Miami would fire Diaz and hire Cristobal, as that would eliminate that opening for 4+ years. But who knows?

I can’t help but wonder if that might not be part of what is holding Venables to Oklahoma up? Because if Kiffin is not 100% decided yet, you’d have to think Lebby feels he’d be the leader for Ole Miss HC job.

But, as you all know all too well - you can drive yourself crazy in these searches. It makes financial sense for Kiffin to not say anything, but that then allows others to say things for him. And it’s usually wrong. The thing with this new early signing period that’s going to make coaching turnover even crazier is NFL jobs.. I mean it’s certainly plausible that Kiffin sticks with Ole Miss and Lebby take OU OC job, or ULL HC job or something comparable, and then in January an NFL team come calling for Kiffin and him bolt. Things get crazy then. And while unlikely, it’s not implausible

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login