King Ani in the Portal

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I remember him being a big deal at recruiting time. I'm struggling to recall his impact in the program. I also may be a complete idiot, and it may or may not have anything to do with this post...

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I remember him being a big deal at recruiting time. I'm struggling to recall his impact in the program. I also may be a complete idiot, and it may or may not have anything to do with this post...

I kept hoping he would come along but he never seemed to do it. I was excited when we got him. This is a loss to a potential depth guy but he was not an impact player.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Have we had a 4* player for 4 years that contributed less on game day than he did?

4 star DL that was here 3 years and got 1 assisted tackle in 3 years? Hmmm, not exactly what I would expect from a 4 star.

That one assist? Came in the Tn State game.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
I remember the excitement when he signed. Forgot all about him and probably wouldn't even remember his name if it wasn't King or something equally unusual.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
2019 class was thought to be so good at the time, but ended up so bad. Jones, Cunningham, Shrader, Ani, Payton, Walker, Torbor, Pendley, Witherspoon, Jones, Pruitt.....all gone.

However, we did get some good contributors, Cross and Emerson are about to be in the NFL. Pickering, Harris, Sharp and Peters all have done their jobs. Russell and Purvis haven't done much due to the car wreck, but likely will. Lawrence is still around.

Even the transfers didn't do much. Stevens, Zuber, Love. Smith plays at least and we're getting multiple years there.

Meanwhile that MS class so stacked. Dean at Georgia, Hall at Auburn, Young at Alabama. Moore, Turnage and Handy are still playing D1, I believe, though they did transfer. All those guys that went to Ole Miss are contributing. Raydar Jones at LSU.

Just a horrible job by Slophead.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If I ever heard of him I forgot too, but I don't follow recruiting at all either. I had to do a quick search to see who he is

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login