KJ Costello just threw a pick 6 in USFL Championship

Nov 29, 2017
Not sure what happened to him. If memory serves, he was supposed to be a high draft pick after his first or second year and Stanford. Hate it for the guy. He seems like a nice dude.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Stuck around an extra year to learn a new system, a new system the team had to learn, and, other than one game where man-to-man coverage made it easy, the decision didn't work out for him. He likely missed out on a decent rookie pay day.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Not sure what happened to him. If memory serves, he was supposed to be a high draft pick after his first or second year and Stanford. Hate it for the guy. He seems like a nice dude.

I don’t think he was healthy his last year at Stanford and definitely had injury issues here.

The 2020 LSU game will forever be one of my favorite MSU games to watch on replay. I will never get over the fact that we had a guy throw for 600 yards in Tiger Stadium. Bo Pelini’s game plan that day has to go down as one of the worst in modern SEC history. But it was awesome for us.

patdog

May 28, 2007
No question his shoulder was wrecked most of the season. He reinjured it in the southern miss game & wasn’t the same the rest of the year.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I know we had major issues initially when teams started rushing 3 and dropping 8 but KJ physically just looked off after that LSU game (and parts of the Arkansas game). He went from throwing some of the prettiest balls I’ve ever seen an MSU QB throw to throwing duck after duck. As surreal as the LSU game was, the drop off afterward may have been just as shocking.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I know we had major issues initially when teams started rushing 3 and dropping 8 but KJ physically just looked off after that LSU game (and parts of the Arkansas game). He went from throwing some of the prettiest balls I’ve ever seen an MSU QB throw to throwing duck after duck. As surreal as the LSU game was, the drop off afterward may have been just as shocking.

and we never adjusted.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login