KJ Jefferson

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Ummm no thanks
Jimmy Fallon No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reactions: Anon1697564126

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
Isn’t this the guy with the ebay and the podcast he’s always starting threads about on here?
Yep that’s me. Thanks for listening to our podcast. We have a guest coming up in January that is an all time great Diamond Dawg! So stay tuned. Also, thanks everyone for your support of johnnypacker.net as we help spread awareness and raise funds for those struggling with cystic fibrosis. Just trying to do our part to help. Every little bit helps!

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
If Dan Mullen was our coach he’d be perfect. Mississippi can produce Mullen’s style of QB every year. And Malzahn
Strange. The only Mississippi QBs Mullen ever played were Tyson Lee, Dylan Favre and Tyler Russell.

Relf - Alabama
Damian Williams - Louisiana
Dak - Louisiana
Fitz - Georgia
Elijah Staley - Georgia
Keytaon Thompson - Louisiana

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Strange. The only Mississippi QBs Mullen ever played were Tyson Lee, Dylan Favre and Tyler Russell.

Relf - Alabama
Dak - Louisiana
Fitz - Georgia
Elijah Staley - Georgia
Wonder if they claim allegiance to their high school or " The Mississippi State University"***

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Lebby likes a passing QB that can run.as opposed to a running QB that can pass. KJ is more of the latter.

Reactions: patdog

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013

Relf - Alabama
Dak - Louisiana
Fitz - Georgia
Elijah Staley - Georgia
Relf - 3 hours from Starkville
D. Williams - 4 hours from Starkville; 30 min from Mississippi.
Dak - 4.5 hours from Starkville
Fitz - 7.5 hours from Starkville
E. Staley - 4 hours from Starkville
K. Thompson - 4 hours from Starkville; 30 min from Mississippi.

Ok, maybe I should have said MS and a 4 to 5 hour radius. Mullen would have absolutely recruited KJ Jefferson who is from Sardis, MS. Probably would have recruited others from MS and others close by if he were still here. I bet he would have recruited Plumlee from Oak grove had he still been here. The point was, you don’t have to look far to find quarterbacks that fit Mullen and Malzahn systems. Not to mention this day and age, they would be most likely to stay put if they were starting at QB being so close to home already.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008

Ok, maybe I should have said MS and a 4 to 5 hour radius. Mullen would have absolutely recruited KJ Jefferson who is from Sardis, MS. Probably would have recruited others from MS and others close by if he were still here. I bet he would have recruited Plumlee from Oak grove had he still been here. The point was, you don’t have to look far to find quarterbacks that fit Mullen and Malzahn systems. Not to mention this day and age, they would be most likely to stay put if they were starting at QB being so close to home already.
I get it. I was actually surprised by the lack of MS QBs under Mullen.

Also, I forgot that Mullen inherited Relf and Lee. And Dylan Favre was a late take because we whiffed on so many QB recruits that year. So really, Russell was the only MS QB Mullen went after and got.

Looking at that list, it's amazing how many starts Mullen got out of essentially four QBs (Relf/Russell/Dak/Fitz) in his entire 9 season run.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

I get it. I was actually surprised by the lack of MS QBs under Mullen.

Also, I forgot that Mullen inherited Relf and Lee. And Dylan Favre was a late take because we whiffed on so many QB recruits that year. So really, Russell was the only MS QB Mullen went after and got.

Looking at that list, it's amazing how many starts Mullen got out of essentially four QBs (Relf/Russell/Dak/Fitz) in his entire 9 season run.
@bulldoghair, I would normally agree all day long. All these guys are within our footprint that is easy for us to get to. But in this day and age of portal, these guys are usually prone to head back to their home state as soon as they break out. My question is - with MS actually producing QBs like Lee, Favre and Russell - not to mention Rogers and Altmeyer - maybe we should have gone to a passing offense much sooner. Yeah, we've had success with running QBs before, but we never sustained. And what did we all say was the missing piece of many good years? A real pass threat.

Interesting observations. And how many true good running QBs have come out of MS lately? Jefferson. Plumlee. Keyes hasn't panned out. I don't think this Maddox from Oak Grove will be a QB on the next level. So two guys in one year. Ha, I guess that's not insignificant.

But then we have the JUCO coaches complaining about not running the ball. Who knows. At the end of the day I think we can go get QBs out of the portal if we miss.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
Shapen looks to be the guy with van Buren and parson battling out for the future. I've seen film of Shapen and he looks pretty good. He probably even fits this offense better than kj would.

Reactions: eckie1

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
@bulldoghair My question is - with MS actually producing QBs like Lee, Favre and Russell - not to mention Rogers and Altmeyer - maybe we should have gone to a passing offense much sooner. Yeah, we've had success with running QBs before, but we never sustained. And what did we all say was the missing piece of many good years? A real pass threat.

Interesting observations. And how many true good running QBs have come out of MS lately? Jefferson. Plumlee. Keyes hasn't panned out. I don't think this Maddox from Oak Grove will be a QB on the next level. So two guys in one year. Ha, I guess that's not insignificant.

But then we have the JUCO coaches complaining about not running the ball. Who knows. At the end of the day I think we can go get QBs out of the portal if we miss.
My opinion is if they are a starting quarterback for us in the SEC, that close to home already, then they are less likely to transfer out. I get your point, but it would have to be there home states power 5 school, that actually needed a quarterback at that particular moment, and wanted them. Very unlikely for all to line up. Way more unlikely than any other position. Only one quarterback starts and plays.
To answer your question about should we have gone to a passing offense sooner because of Lee, Farve, and Russel, I’m sorry but you’ve got to be kidding me. Sure they are passing QB’s but come on man ha. Within our arms length and radius, we can get much better running QB’s on the regular that can learn to pass better. With the right offense I’d take Omar Conner, Relf, Dak, Fitz, Jefferson, Plumlee ect over all the guys you named. And by the way, most of the ones I named could pass better than most of the ones you named as well.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login