KJ Sykes from CCA

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I hope we are recruiting this kid. Hes Clinton Academy’s pg and is an absolute baller. One of the quickest players I’ve seen and just silky smooth. He’s only 5’8” but the boy can play with the best of them. He can shoot the 3 or blow by you to the rim. He’s a very humble kid too.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I hope we are recruiting this kid. Hes Clinton Academy’s pg and is an absolute baller. One of the quickest players I’ve seen and just silky smooth. He’s only 5’8” but the boy can play with the best of them. He can shoot the 3 or blow by you to the rim. He’s a very humble kid too.

Phenomal to player. Was amazing tonight. Not sure he can play in the SEC say his size.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
5’8”? If he can pitch, catch, or hit, put the M over S on him and send him to Dudy Noble.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Phenomal to player. Was amazing tonight. Not sure he can play in the SEC say his size.
Has he played a lot of basketball in AAU or against public schools to see him against good competition? Really hard to project a guy that's 5'8" based on play against Mississippi private school players. I know they have some good players, but at 5'8", I'd really want to see how he does when all 5 defenders on the floor are athletic and can jump.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Has he played a lot of basketball in AAU or against public schools to see him against good competition? Really hard to project a guy that's 5'8" based on play against Mississippi private school players. I know they have some good players, but at 5'8", I'd really want to see how he does when all 5 defenders on the floor are athletic and can jump.

He was great last night against Hubbard. But Im mostly going off the fact I don’t think I’ve seen anyone as small as him have success in the SEC. He is really thin. Hub isn’t tall but is built like a Brinks truck and can rise and fire like an SEC player with crazy range

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
He was great last night against Hubbard. But Im mostly going off the fact I don’t think I’ve seen anyone as small as him have success in the SEC. He is really thin. Hub isn’t tall but is built like a Brinks truck and can rise and fire like an SEC player with crazy range
Last I remember was Jason Harrison at UM, and long perimeter players gave him fits, especially in a zone. They could sag back enough to make it really hard for him to drive past him, but they could still challenge his shot while playing soft. He'd have to be 3 steps behind the 3 pt line to get a clean shot off against zones sometimes.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Just curious, how often does he get to play against higher level public school talent (whether it be AAU or whatever)?

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
Wasn't Jamal Edmondson that short? I think that was his name. He was a junior college transfer during the later Stansbury years. He could heat up and knock down some 3s. Really streaky though.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Zakai Zeigler from Tennessee sends his regards...5'9 cooked us for 24 back in January
Zeigler played prep and AAU ball in New York City.

The op said that this CCA kid can play with "the best of them" yet nobody has said if he's faced competition outside the MAIS.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Username checks out

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

The op said that this CCA kid can play with "the best of them" yet nobody has said if he's faced competition outside the MAIS.
Clinton Christian beat Callaway at Mississippi College just before Christmas.

60-56 was the score.

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
My opinion is that he is a really good high school player that would struggle mightily against D1 defenders, especially with the length and athleticism in the SEC.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
One of the questions I always have about great H.S. Shooters is what kinda traffic they're having to face while shooting.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014

CCA played 2022 6A Clinton HS state champs in an exhibit game last year after the season and beat them. If that isn’t competition I don’t know what is. The kid is a baller, put it on Hubbard’s twice this year yet folks drool over him. Made Hubbard fall down last night on one move.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
CCA played 2022 6A Clinton HS state champs in an exhibit game last year after the season and beat them. If that isn’t competition I don’t know what is. The kid is a baller, put it on Hubbard’s twice this year yet folks drool over him. Made Hubbard fall down last night on one move.
Maybe Hubbard isn’t that good.

im willing to bet the guy from CCA doesn’t play in the sec.

might not play in the P5.

blackjackdog3

Aug 23, 2012
I think many of the 6A MAIS schools and obviously some of the other MAIS schools like CCA are all star teams made of recruits. I think these schools would match up with many of the public schools.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login