Kudos and Concerns vs TAM.....

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Lots of Kudos. Defense great job of bending but not breaking on the ground. Outstanding QB pressure. Two picks one for 6. Special teams was solid with a blocked FG for a TD. Offense was fantastic against a top 10 defense.

Concerns: Just one for me. Penalties. 138 yards and a key player booted for first half of next game. Gotta fix that. It seems like though it was one of those games where the crew got on a roll with State and saw a penalty on every play.

Others?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Lots of Kudos. Defense great job of bending but not breaking on the ground. Outstanding QB pressure. Two picks one for 6. Special teams was solid with a blocked FG for a TD. Offense was fantastic against a top 10 defense.

Concerns: Just one for me. Penalties. 138 yards and a key player booted for first half of next game. Gotta fix that. It seems like though it was one of those games where the crew got on a roll with State and saw a penalty on every play.

Others?
I have to give credit where it's due in a couple of places:

1, The defense: that's as well as I've seen us play defensively in a long time. It's clear that Arnett didn't respect their ability to throw the ball at all. We brought the pain. That was as physical as I can remember seeing us play since maybe 2018. My only gripe is that we still miss too many tackles, but it was a little better this week. Man, Nicholson and Richardson are going to be fun to watch. Absolute headhunters that bring the pain.

2. The offensive aggression. We weren't as predictable. That bomb to RaRa was something I've been begging to see more of out of Will. Ducking is a weapon but he's got to be stronger with the ball. And we just saw a glimpse of what Simeone Rice can be in this offense.

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005

Others?
Anything to the scuttlebutt that those penalties in the 1st quarter were due to a&m simulating our snap count?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I heard maybe Steve saying it was the linemen shuffling Thierry feet prior to getting set and should not have been a penalty. Supposedly they all got on the same page and refs quit calling it. Not sure how accurate that is

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012

Concerns: Just one for
Kudo’s:
Will looked good in the pocket. Throwing it within 3 seconds, and attacking down the field. Can’t remember him holding it too long. he was sitting back there picking his spots quickly. That in my mind is how we are successful in this offense. Ran the ball effectively as well, and that helps the pass game.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

1, The defense: that's as well as I've seen us play defensively in a long time. It's clear that Arnett didn't respect their ability to throw the ball at all. We brought the pain. That was as physical as I can remember seeing us play since maybe 2018. My only gripe is that we still miss too many tackles, but it was a little better this week. Man, Nicholson and Richardson are going to be fun to watch. Absolute headhunters that bring the pain.

2. The offensive aggression. We weren't as predictable. That bomb to RaRa was something I've been begging to see more of out of Will. Ducking is a weapon but he's got to be stronger with the ball. And we just saw a glimpse of what Simeone Rice can be in this offense.
Rice needs to be toting a football to every class with him.

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
I heard the DLine was causing it. We fixed. Great coaches make adjustments and ours finally made a whole game adjustment that worked. Let’s hope he keeps adjusting to the team we are playing

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Will’s footwork was the best I have seen since he has been here. A couple of those penalties in the defensive backfield were from the Ref all the way on the other side or so out of position… and he just threw the flag. One pass wasn’t even catchable…. Was 5 yards out of bounds ….

was so impressed after Watson went out of how we picked up the slack. I have been concerned about our lack or speed in the middle with our linebackers but DAMN they looked like Olympic sprinters a couple of times.

I saw 2 plays that we sent the whole 17 house…. I mean NO ONE was in the defensive backfield.

Reminded me of the 98 and 99 defensive.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

I swear I think we lead the nation in missed sacks.

The penalties were a little sloppy but those two pass interference calls at the end of the game were pretty questionable. The one pass interference in the endzone was actually a pretty smart play by the DB (can’t remember who it was). He was beat but that prevented a TD and they ended up just kicking a field goal.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I swear I think we lead the nation in missed sacks.

The penalties were a little sloppy but those two pass interference calls at the end of the game were pretty questionable. The one pass interference in the endzone was actually a pretty smart play by the DB (can’t remember who it was). He was beat but that prevented a TD and they ended up just kicking a field goal.
Yup. Was pissed about it until I saw the replay. Guess he saw the receivers eyes/head lock on the ball and knew he wasn't going to be able to change directions much less change directions and pick up the ball, and he made a smart play.

Reactions: msstatelp1

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

Others?
What about the 3 near interceptions?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login