Kylin Hill released by Packers

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
Hill’s release came after the Packers decided that he wasn’t performing up to their expectations. He is not expected to receive an offer to join the practice squad if he clears waivers. Coach Matt LaFleur said his release was not an on-field decision, indicating it was more about his fit in the locker room.

“Being a member of the Green Bay Packers is a privilege," LaFleur said, "and there are standards and expectations that are placed on every member of this team that we expect guys to live up to. I appreciate what Kylin’s been through, and I know it hasn’t been easy coming back from that knee injury that he suffered a year ago, that was a pretty devastating hit.

"He’s a guy we had some high expectations for, and I realize that he is in a loaded room. But regardless of your role – no matter how big or how small – we expect guys to come to work and just be supportive and own that role to the best of their ability. When you don’t do that, this is what happens.”

https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...kylin-hill-both-2021-draft-picks/69650538007/

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Perhaps staying in school/degree moving forward would have been helpful.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Hill’s release came after the Packers decided that he wasn’t performing up to their expectations. He is not expected to receive an offer to join the practice squad if he clears waivers. Coach Matt LaFleur said his release was not an on-field decision, indicating it was more about his fit in the locker room.

“Being a member of the Green Bay Packers is a privilege," LaFleur said, "and there are standards and expectations that are placed on every member of this team that we expect guys to live up to. I appreciate what Kylin’s been through, and I know it hasn’t been easy coming back from that knee injury that he suffered a year ago, that was a pretty devastating hit.

"He’s a guy we had some high expectations for, and I realize that he is in a loaded room. But regardless of your role – no matter how big or how small – we expect guys to come to work and just be supportive and own that role to the best of their ability. When you don’t do that, this is what happens.”

https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...kylin-hill-both-2021-draft-picks/69650538007/
Color me not nonplussed. Color me plussed.

Reactions: dawgman42

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

Snakes. In. Head.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

You mean... he was a locker room issue?

i had no idea!

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013

Penalties will go down. Expect fewer flags

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008

LaFleur went on to add, “I guess because of Kylin we’ve probably missed about 5 hours of practice this year. He will take a seemingly normal hit, and he will lay there lifeless. Our staff has had to stop practice to call the ambulance for him about 7 times this year. He usually pops up and wants to be a full participant again before the ambulance arrive. The training staff started calling him opossum about 2 months ago, and I don’t think he liked that too much.”

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
LaFleur went on to add, “I guess because of Kylin we’ve probably missed about 5 hours of practice this year. He will take a seemingly normal hit, and he will lay there lifeless. Our staff has had to stop practice to call the ambulance for him about 7 times this year. He usually pops up and wants to be a full participant again before the ambulance arrive. The training staff started calling him opossum about 2 months ago, and I don’t think he liked that too much.”
Thanks for the smile this morning. I thought this was a legit quote until I got somewhere around to the 3rd sentence

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
I’ve heard kylin has some pretty serious mental health issues. Possibly that it is bipolar disorder and he does not like taking his medication

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You would think w/ all the testing, background checks, interviews w/ coaches, etc they would have seen this coming. How many times over the years did we see him lay there, get up, go back in, rinse, repeat?

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021

Well, honestly he couldn't even play a full series of downs. Hell, he couldn't even play more than a couple of plays and he was tapping his helmet.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I’ve heard kylin has some pretty serious mental health issues. Possibly that it is bipolar disorder and he does not like taking his medication
I am not a doctor and didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn last night but I have a bit of experience with bi-polar. Anecdotal evidence for sure

I also don't know anything about Kylin's situation or even if he has it and I cannot comment on him but:

From what I have seen, they feel fine and get in denial they even need meds. They stop taking meds and go through some serious highs and lows that can be trying for them to even maintain life and for the people that are trying to help them it can be a nightmare. Our understanding and willingness to deal with such things vary greatly. Mental health is no joke and some don't even think it's real but even if you do, sometimes you have to cut bait to save yourself and the Packers have a job to do that must get done.

As they grow older the manic stages tends to decrease but the depression stage can get worse. From what I have seen they may finally accept they actually need their meds and that can be a game changer.

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
I am not a doctor and didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn last night but I have a bit of experience with bi-polar. Anecdotal evidence for sure

I also don't know anything about Kylin's situation or even if he has it and I cannot comment on him but:

From what I have seen, they feel fine and get in denial they even need meds. They stop taking meds and go through some serious highs and lows that can be trying for them to even maintain life and for the people that are trying to help them it can be a nightmare. Our understanding and willingness to deal with such things vary greatly. Mental health is no joke and some don't even think it's real but even if you do, sometimes you have to cut bait to save yourself and the Packers have a job to do that must get done.

As they grow older the manic stages tends to decrease but the depression stage can get worse. From what I have seen they may finally accept they actually need their meds and that can be a game changer.
My brother has bipolar disorder. I have seen first hand some of the effects it can have. If what I have heard is true I definitely feel for him.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Makes more sense.
One person that I know, has very highs, and very lows. Never know what you are going to get, that day.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
You would think w/ all the testing, background checks, interviews w/ coaches, etc they would have seen this coming. How many times over the years did we see him lay there, get up, go back in, rinse, repeat?
They picked him with one of the very last picks in the draft - so my guess is they, along with everyone else, did see it coming. They didn't have much invested in him.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
2016 - Dak comes off the bench and has a superstar-making season for the Cowboys.

State fans: “Told y’all”

2022 - Kylin gets kicked off the Packers for locker room and sideline issues that overshadow his elite athleticism.

State fans: “Told y’all”

Reactions: HailStateTate

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Kylin is a dawg, and yes this was probably going to happen. Maybe he can grow up and realize that he isn't literally the greatest thing n the world, and that is okay. Maybe he can learn to be a good teammate and a contributing member of society.

Either way, his mom is pretty cool.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login