Ladies open with Valley at 7:00

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This feels like a really pivotal season if we are to hang onto any shred of what Vic built here.

If they start winning, the fans are gonna show up and Purcell's got a chance to build the program back to prominence.

Team is loaded with experienced players at the guard positions. It feels like the key is finding a consistent post presence. If Jessika Carter can find her old form, problem mostly solved. If not, he's got transfers from Louisville and Miami who were highly recruited HS players.

Depth shouldn't be an issue like it was last year.

I'm interested. You can get some gauge, even vs Valley. A Vic team would beat them by 60+. I'll be disappointed if we don't win by at least 40 and put up 90+ points.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
28-8 after 1Q. Powe, the frosh from Meridian started and scored 8 with 2 threes.

Shot lights out. Lots of good guards and Jessika started and played fine.

ETA 40-8 early in the 2nd. State on a 23-0 run. Feels pretty Vic-like right now.

Last edited:

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
28-8 after 1Q. Powe, the frosh from Meridian started and scored 8 with 2 threes.

Shot lights out. Lots of good guards and Jessika started and played fine.
We need him fired. This won't fly in the sec. Giving up 8 points just isn't good enough. Im done with this circus.

• Haha
Reactions: MStateDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
55-18 at the half.

Shot 75% from the field. 6 of 13 from three.

All that with a single pt and 5 assists from our best player, Annie Hayes.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
"A Vic team would beat them by 60+. I'll be disappointed if we don't win by at least 40 and put up 90+ points."

FINAL: Mississippi State 104, Mississippi Valley 47

Good start. Not quite 60 so more work to be done I guess.

Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
"A Vic team would beat them by 60+. I'll be disappointed if we don't win by at least 40 and put up 90+ points."

FINAL: Mississippi State 104, Mississippi Valley 47

Good start. Not quite 60 so more work to be done I guess.

Since most of the points were scored by players who weren't playing for us last year, I'll let the lapses in the 4th quarter slide.

North Alabama Friday. They're retiring Latoya Thomas's #.

Chance to get a resume win next week on the road at #23 South Dakota State, who won the WNIT last year and went to the NCAAs in 2021.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
I don't want him back but must acknowledge that cohen was finally starting to figure out hiring coaches. Softball, baseball, mens and womens basketball looking good early, and even soccer and volleyball are better than in the past. Love Leach but still TBD on how good. Overall a pretty good set of coaches.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I don't want him back but must acknowledge that cohen was finally starting to figure out hiring coaches. Softball, baseball, mens and womens basketball looking good early, and even soccer and volleyball are better than in the past. Love Leach but still TBD on how good. Overall a pretty good set of coaches.
Softball he had no choice due to timing. Baseball was a second hire, womens bb was a second hire. Jans was picked for him. If I got as many second chances as Cohen, hell. I could rule the world.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
That would be the most M State thing ever: the AD we lost finally figured out how to make hires and AU takes way off.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login