Lady Dogs

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Not too familiar with softball but Mia is definitely the G.O.A.T for State softball right?

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Not too familiar with softball but Mia is definitely the G.O.A.T for State softball right?

Yep, she has the SEC record at 90 home runs. Its fifth all-time in the NCAA. Leader is at 112. And still playing.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
0-0 in 9th
TN pitcher is really owning us (she's very good) We've not made many adjustments at the plate.
Need to hold them. She's at about 115 pitches, so she should be getting a little tired.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
0-0 in 6th with top 10 TN
Pitching dominating and some big defensive plays by Mia

They have played very good ball this year and isn the tourney. Can't believe they have held Tenn scoreless but they have had good pitching and played great defense.

I don't know if they'll ever get up there where they can compete with Florida and Alabama and some of the big teams but they're at least being competitive now.

ETA: they should've pulled this girl off the mound and she hit a batter now she's walked next two and about to lose the game for us

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
That was clutch. Bases loaded in bottom of 9th. 3-2 pitch. Got her looking.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
WOW! 3-2 bases loaded and she gets a strikeout!

Made me look like a fool doubting but I'll gladly take it. Awesome

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Wow

They have played very good ball this year and isn the tourney. Can't believe they have held Tenn scoreless but they have had good pitching and played great defense.

I don't know if they'll ever get up there where they can compete with Florida and Alabama and some of the big teams but they're at least being competitive now.

ETA: they should've pulled this girl off the mound and she hit a batter now she's walked next two and about to lose the game for us

Three freebies to fill the bases with two out and then struck out the next batter looking on a 3-2 pitch.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Willis walked two and hit one but got out of it. It's her game I'd guess unless we go to our #4. This game is meaningless other than you simply want to win it.
We only have one damn hit. Swinging at a lot of bad pitches first pitch too. Really terrible approach today.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Willis walked two and hit one but got out of it. It's her game I'd guess unless we go to our #4. This game is meaningless other than you simply want to win it.
We only have one damn hit. Swinging at a lot of bad pitches first pitch too. Really terrible approach today.

I hate to be the one with the defeatist attitude but they're a very good team and I don't know if we can keep them scoreless for many more innings. We had to do something to manufacture run in this game but we haven't gotten on base but once. We would need a miracle now because none of our girls can seem to hit off this pitcher for Tenn, not that she hasn't done the same to other teams, she has

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
We have sucked offensively in this game, but their pitcher has to be running on fumes.

Good defense has saved us in this game, but you are right - need to do something to get a run.

Looking ahead, we would play winner of Alabama-Missouri. We took 2/3 from Mizzou and Alabama swept us, but won two games in bottom of the 7th.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I hate to be the one with the defeatist attitude but they're a very good team and I don't know if we can keep them scoreless for many more innings. We had to do something to manufacture run in this game but we haven't gotten on base but once. We would need a miracle now because none of our girls can seem to hit off this pitcher for Tenn, not that she hasn't done the same to other teams, she has

I agree with that. Especially since we are now struggling to throw strikes.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
We've got to stop swinging at first pitch balls. Too many ugly first pitch swings on pitches not strikes.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I don't know much about softball but obviously its not the same as throwing overhand because this girl has thrown like 130 pitches

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
To the 11th!

They have 8 hits (all singles) and we've walked them 6 times. we have one bloop single and a walk. Its amazing this is 0-0.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Are you talking about baseball or softball, hard to tell with that statement.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We're literally swinging at every pitch. Feel like TN might end it here but we'll see

The Tennessee pitcher is good. She has been throwing shut out innings in this tournament going all the way back to last year.

ETA: they beat us by run rule twice when we faced them this season. If you can't take 12 innings of scoreless ball against them as a positive I don't know what to say

Last edited:

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
The Tennessee pitcher is good. She has been throwing shut out innings in this tournament going all the way back to last year.

She also is at 140+ pitches and we're first pitch swinging too much. Mia tried to hit one golf tee high first pitch. Our last two pitchers have more pitches thrown than their starter.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012

ETA: they beat us by run rule twice when we faced them this season. If you can't take 12 innings of scoreless ball against them as a positive I don't know what to say

This game is meaningless for us. TN needs it to host.
One of those run rules was a wheels fall off game.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
To the 11th!

They have 8 hits (all singles) and we've walked them 6 times. we have one bloop single and a walk. Its amazing this is 0-0.

They are 1-17 with runners in scoring position this game so far. The fact that they beat us by run rule twice this season makes that stat staggering

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This game is meaningless for us. TN needs it to host.
One of those run rules was a wheels fall off game.

We have never been to the next level in this tournament so you cannot say it is meaningless. If we have a good showing here It also might keep also us from going out west in a regional and facing death with the Pac-10 or big 12 team.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
She also is at 140+ pitches and we're first pitch swinging too much. Mia tried to hit one golf tee high first pitch. Our last two pitchers have more pitches thrown than their starter.

You're not wrong with that observation but she still is just good and has definitely thrown too many pitches. Tennessee has another girl throwing in their bullpen now

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
You're not wrong with that observation but she still is just good and has definitely thrown too many pitches. Tennessee has another girl throwing in their bullpen now

Oh she's good, but she also has had injury issues before and TN is stupid throwing her this much. They've got other solid pitchers. If we run her counts more, she's gone already.
Now, hell, just hit it I guess.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I don't think I've ever seen a true double play on a bunt that got down like that. Not our day.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm glad they lost on a good play and not some ******** after all this time. It was a good hit and a really good slide to score. If she comes in on a conventional slide she's out.

garddog

Dec 10, 2008
Wonder why its only single elimination? Baseball is double. You play 3 game series, so why single elimination?

Last edited:

G-Dawg

Sep 6, 2012
I hate bunts in Fastpitch

Haha. Then you aren't going to like Fastpitch much. As someone who was fortunate to coach a state championship team and have 8 girls sign college scholarships (2 in the SEC), most coaches make sure 1 through 9 can bunt. You play for a run per inning if you can get it.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Wonder why its only single elimination? Baseball is double. You play 3 game series, so why single elimination?

Never understood that either. Pitching depth is probably better with Fastpitch than Baseball for a double elimination tournament.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008

I agree, a single elimination tourney for baseball or softball sort of cheapens it. I can see having single elimination play in games like baseball but at some point it should be double elimination.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login