Lamar Jackson wins MVP

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Christian McCaffrey Offensive Player of the year.

Myles Garrett Defensive Player of the Year

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
They should trade him asap. I don’t understand the love for that guy.
Yeah. An absolutely elite athlete, but a very mid-level NFL passer. He’ll have an incredible career, but I’ll be very surprised to see him ever sniff a Super Bowl. Maybe he will, but I’ve just never seen a scrambling QB like that get it done

Reactions: Anon1697564126

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Yeah. An absolutely elite athlete, but a very mid-level NFL passer. He’ll have an incredible career, but I’ll be very surprised to see him ever sniff a Super Bowl. Maybe he will, but I’ve just never seen a scrambling QB like that get it done
Honestly, he’s done better than I expected, but I don’t think he lives up to the praise they pour on him. It would be crazy, but I wonder what Baltimore could get for him in a trade.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Tyreke Hill was the Most Valuable Player in 2023. The Dolphins’ offense was nothing like it was before he hurt his ankle against the Titans.

Reactions: PearlRiverCoDawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Patrick Willis? I mean... my anti-Ole Miss bias is going to show here, but did he really have a Hall of Fame career?

• Wow
Reactions: Noname.sixpack

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Patrick Mahomes finished 7th? I realize he may not have had a great stats year but his receivers let him down for most of the year. He did get them to the Super Bowl.... again. Lamar Jackson looked like crap against KC.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Jalen Hurts got damn close. And then Michael Vick got about as far as Jackson did. That's about it.

I give Vick more credit, he was the first to do it. And nowadays there has been a total push to try and make a scrambling QB work in the NFL (even though everybody realizes that passing is the ticket, with the way the rules are today). And further, the Ravens and Eagles committed wholesale to their offenses. So if they can't get it done, it may never happen.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Was hoping that Jahri Evans would make the final cut for the HOF, but I suspect he’ll get in within the next 5 years. Was arguably the best guard in the league for the better part of a decade. Problem is, offensive guard isn’t a “sexy” position.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Very deserving players. Without looking up any stats, the only one I don’t remember dominating was Andre Johnson, but he also was stuck on some not so great Texans squads that didn’t get as much prime time coverage.

Andre Johnson was a top 5 WR from about 2004 to 2012. He was an absolute beast.

Reactions: Noname.sixpack

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Honestly, he’s done better than I expected, but I don’t think he lives up to the praise they pour on him. It would be crazy, but I wonder what Baltimore could get for him in a trade.
His outlook is skewed by many due to having back to back years with a lot of missed games due to injury. And that’s a known risk going forward with his playing style.

But, he’s a much better passer than he’s given credit for - career passer rating of 98.0. For comparison, Pat Mahomes has a career passer rating of 103.5. With 2 MVP’s and 2 first team AP selections, he’s also got the inside track to being a HoF pick one day. You won’t find many in that group that aren’t.

I do think he’s benefitted from being in an elite organization / front office, and also don’t really think he deserved MVP over CMC or Dak or Purdy this year. But the history books shall forever say he’s won MVP twice….which is pretty damned hard to do.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Andre Johnson was a top 5 WR from about 2004 to 2012. He was an absolute beast.
I had no idea he is 11th in career receiving yards. Looking at the list it’s amazing what Rice did. He played a few more years than most but he is 5,000 ahead of 2nd place. It’s especially impressive when you look at the top 10 and he and Tim Brown are the only ones that didn’t play the majority of their career post 2000 in the more pass friendly NFL.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login