Lane Train to LSU ? he's he betting favorite...

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Tend to think Kiffin stays put, but Stoops is interesting to me, for both LSU and Oklahoma. He's turned Kentucky from an auto win on our schedule to a 50/50 split, would not be sad to see him gone from Lexington.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Tend to think Kiffin stays put, but Stoops is interesting to me, for both LSU and Oklahoma. He's turned Kentucky from an auto win on our schedule to a 50/50 split, would not be sad to see him gone from Lexington.

Kentucky was patient with Stoops and let him build that program for five, six, seven years while the results were still mediocre. He won't get that luxury at LSU or Oklahoma.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Kentucky was patient with Stoops and let him build that program for five, six, seven years while the results were still mediocre. He won't get that luxury at LSU or Oklahoma.

He won’t need it. The biggest problem at UK that required building up was recruiting good talent. That part is already in place in both locations.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Yeah, we did that for Danny Boy too. These coaches don't think like that.

SaintsDoc

Apr 24, 2016
https://www.nola.com/sports/betting...BXWulixMEuR6amQ-Ue829Lc1mKb5-XBtZ5Uf98XtXwq0A

Here's the complete list from sportsbetting.ag with each coach's current school (head coach unless noted):
Lane Kiffin, Ole Miss 2-1
Mark Stoops, Kentucky 3-1
Matt Campbell, Iowa State 4-1
Luke Fickell, Cincinnati 9-2
Dave Aranda, Baylor 5-1
Bill O'Brien, Alabama offensive coordinator 11-2

Others to consider are from the NFL:

Matt Rhule and Urban Meyer.
My guess would be Matt Campbell

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
LSU is not going to go after Lane Kiffin until they are desperate (like Stricklin getting Mullen).
No school is going to make Kiffin a top choice. He is still considered a risk. How he handles OM in the next two years will probably determine how marketable he is for a big time program again.
We need to recognize that Kiffin may be at OM for a number of years. He's really a perfect fit for who they are and what they want to be.
If he wants out bad enough (like Dan), he'll land somewhere at some point. But he's got it made in Oxford with 8 to 10 win seasons. And if he recruits well and keeps building the program, he could have a shot at an SEC Championship run in a few years. More parties. Less stress.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
LSU is not going to go after Lane Kiffin until they are desperate (like Stricklin getting Mullen).
No school is going to make Kiffin a top choice. He is still considered a risk. How he handles OM in the next two years will probably determine how marketable he is for a big time program again.
We need to recognize that Kiffin may be at OM for a number of years. He's really a perfect fit for who they are and what they want to be.
If he wants out bad enough (like Dan), he'll land somewhere at some point. But he's got it made in Oxford with 8 to 10 win seasons. And if he recruits well and keeps building the program, he could have a shot at an SEC Championship run in a few years. More parties. Less stress.
It's all recrootin. He did pretty good last year, not as much this year, with some decommits. I still think he's job shopping, just not at LSU. And if he stays, who cares, at least we've been able to poach a commitment or 2.

I agree he's a good fit there, and he'll be good as long as he's engaged, but nothing to fear. The difference in the Egg Bowl this year was basically Matt Corral and the age of his team. That's flipping next year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login