Laquinston Sharp

Sep 9, 2012
Just granted an extra year of eligibility. So only losing two starters on the whole offense. If we are competent at OT, our offense will really take off in 2022.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
If we can figure out the tackle spots we have a chance to be really good next year. We return a ton on both sides of the ball otherwise.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
That's big. Is he not a draft prospect? Seems like a guy that can make a roster.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
It’s slightly easier to play guard on the OL too and Kam Jones did a pretty great job when he had to step in for Lashley a few times whether he was injured or having a poor performance. So if we could just have one other tackle emerge as a legit LT then we should be just fine.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
is it just me or do we need a bigger more durable back?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
is it just me or do we need a bigger more durable back?

You're describing Dillon Johnson.

We have some depth there though. We have four guys that will be able to play and produce there next year. Simeon Price is a guy I'm really excited about that redshirted this year - he may end up being the best of the bunch.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
That is fantastic news. They say Bull Hargrove is gonna be a hard back to tackle. I'm looking forward to seeing him next year. Its hard not to expect a lot out of this team next year. These guys have assembled a lot of talent. Its gonna be an exciting year.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I don't think it will matter. One of the most under discussed aspect of this offense is how punishing it is on RBs. They take a beating week in and week out. They're constantly getting hit flat-footed.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
That's big. Is he not a draft prospect? Seems like a guy that can make a roster.

This might be a way we can take advantage of NIL that doesn't apply as much to the blue bloods. If they have a guy that is not a solid NFL prospect, they probably have a backup that isn't a big drop off. But for us, these borderline prospects that fill a huge need for us could be a good place to use money. Does an extra $50k get a guy like that to enjoy one more year of college rather than taking his shot now? Even if he's not a draft pick (I have no clue if he is or not), he makes a huge difference for us.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Some of that has lessened this season. Im sure it will improve more next year. Some of that is a timing issue that is mostly on Will

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Just granted an extra year of eligibility. So only losing two starters on the whole offense. If we are competent at OT, our offense will really take off in 2022.

On what grounds? That JoeMo had no 17ing clue when he trotted him out in some random nonconference game in 2019 that led him to going over the redshirt limit? I think he was the one that had that happen.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
On what grounds? That JoeMo had no 17ing clue when he trotted him out in some random nonconference game in 2019 that led him to going over the redshirt limit? I think he was the one that had that happen.
No, he was given an extra year due to be injured in Junior College and missing nearly a whole season in JC.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Don't sleep on Grant Jackson. By next fall he just might be our starting right tackle. Hopefully Lewis can anchor the left side for at least a year while Reese gets ready for that spot.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Watching Percy Lewis' film, dude looks like a boxer at tackle. He has incredible punch, just hope he can move his feet at this level to stay in front of these speed demons we face game in and game out.

Glad to see we got a couple linemen with nasty attitudes. I don't think we have had that since Dillon Day.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Hard not to get a little excited now. OL was the potential weak point for a great season (as it always seems to be) and now we seem to be in as good of a position to mitigate as we can be. I had assumed Sharp would have been gone, I mean he went through senior day.

- Sharp coming back to anchor Center;
- Lewis coming in as a highly rated 3rd year player, and in January to get a solid 8 months in the weight room;
- Jones and Williams are now 4th year players out of JUCO, surely ready to contribute;
- Jackson and Buys are now a year older.

I agree with Ralph Cramden, I think Jackson may be one of the starters.

AtlantaDawg

Nov 27, 2017
I don't think it will matter. One of the most under discussed aspect of this offense is how punishing it is on RBs. They take a beating week in and week out. They're constantly getting hit flat-footed.

Our RB's have to also be able to block blitzing safeties, as well as chip DL when our OL cannot hold them, as well as catch passes out of the backfield...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login