Large oak tree

Marler

Apr 9, 2017
I don’t see a classified forum anymore. I had to get an oak tree cut that was dying. It measures 60 inches across at the base. Does anyone have an interest in purchasing this monster?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Who knew that your teenage years were simply practice for marriage
Not to turn this south, but I have always heard about this phenomenon and wondered if this a main reason men stray. Men need sex. We’ll find it one way or another and hopefully it’s with the wife. I’ve seen it with a friend who loves his wife and she admitted (to my wife) after the transgression that she wasn’t taking care of him like she should have.
Sorry to turn directions on this topic.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Not to turn this south, but I have always heard about this phenomenon and wondered if this a main reason men stray. Men need sex. We’ll find it one way or another and hopefully it’s with the wife. I’ve seen it with a friend who loves his wife and she admitted (to my wife) after the transgression that she wasn’t taking care of him like she should have.
You aren’t wrong

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I don’t see a classified forum anymore. I had to get an oak tree cut that was dying. It measures 60 inches across at the base. Does anyone have an interest in purchasing this monster?
Best of luck selling it, but there's probably any number of free trees available near you to anyone interested in cutting it up for firewood etc. If you're needing to get it off your property in a timely manner, you will likely have to pay someone to cut it up and haul off.

DudyDog

Jun 18, 2008
Get a large jar. Every time you have sex the first year of marriage, put a Penney in the jar. After the first year and going forward, every time you have sex, take a Penney out of the jar. You will never empty the jar.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Ha, you should be happy if someone comes, cuts it up and hauls it off for you.

Ain't nobody paying for that bruh.

Reactions: JesterB

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Man I had 41 oaks and hickories down in my yard last March from a tornado. I couldn’t even give it away for firewood. I even cut up a couple of cords and listed it on FB for free to try and prime the pump a little. People honestly would message me and say that they would take it if I delivered it to them. If you can’t burn it where it falls then you better be hiring someone with a truck and a loader.

Reactions: dorndawg

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Maybe research anybody relatively close to your area that create those resin tables out of tree "slices". They may be willing to pay. Plenty of people on the interwebs that do it but not sure how close to you.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
HSO here but that should be a serious talk, first level setting expectations and if that doesn't work maybe the relationship is over and you just don't know it. If you haven't had the talk cheating is pretty cowardly and s4itty. That's just my personal take doesn't make it right or wrong.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
I had huge oak uprooted at a rental house during the tornado in Tupelo 2014. The root ball was about 20 ft tall before they cut the tree at the property line and root ball flopped back in the hole. I couldn't give the wood away. The tree guy had to cut that slice next to the stump in quarters to be able to pick it up with his skid steer.

The house next door to the right of pic was crushed and totaled. State Farm paid to cut the tree off of my fence up to the property line. Property line is few feet to the right of the stump. Like a good neighbor State Farm gave the rest of the tree to the neighbor for free.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
What kind of oak tree are you talking about? There are probably 50 oaks native to Mississippi. Some are worth more than others. If it's a good one, you may have something worth slabbing out. It could also be mulch or firewood.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
To get any value out of it you'd probably have to find a guy with a portable saw mill and pay him something to turn it into lumber for you.

But a tree that big might be too much even for that. Only makes sense if you or somebody you know has a use for the lumber.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
HSO here but that should be a serious talk, first level setting expectations and if that doesn't work maybe the relationship is over and you just don't know it. If you haven't had the talk cheating is pretty cowardly and s4itty. That's just my personal take doesn't make it right or wrong.
I agree. I believe my friend had that talk but I guess it fell on deaf ears. I don’t have further intimate knowledge of it. All I know is but for the grace of God…

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011

It takes supernatural strength for a man to stay in a sexless marriage. Most don't make it. I know a few Godly pastors (and I mean that, by every other measure) fall because their wives just wouldn't give it up.

one struggled for years (confiding in me and went to marriage counseling because his wife had no interest in sex) but finally succumbed one time then confessed and ruined everything (not because he confessed, just that it was all lost)

Its a biological need, if not met, it goes against nature to overcome.

you can resist for years but it only takes one slip up to ruin your life.

if your wife ain't giving it up, tell her it's a dealbreaker before breaking the deal by going somewhere else.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I had a few large oak trees cut down earlier this year. I milled up some lumber for me to use in the future but most of it turned into firewood. You can search around and likely find someone with a mobile mill that may be willing to come to your house and mill it up but they aren’t likely to pay you for it. At this point, I’d be focused on getting it out of my yard for as cheap as possible (or free).

Marler

Apr 9, 2017
It’s a white oak. Cut into about 6 foot lengths. The tree is estimated to be 250 years old.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
It's true, unfortunately. Human nature (and not knowing how to handle it) has wrecked a lot of homes.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Jrobb

May 26, 2020
Get a large jar. Every time you have sex the first year of marriage, put a Penney in the jar. After the first year and going forward, every time you have sex, take a Penney out of the jar. You will never empty the jar.
That saying must have created before hormone replacement therapy.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It’s a white oak. Cut into about 6 foot lengths. The tree is estimated to be 250 years old.

That's obviously a very cool tree, but I think it really comes down to how hard you want to work to find the right individual who might have interest in turning it into usable things.

It won't be easy and the best you can probably hope for is to convince them to leave you with some lumber (that would still need to be properly dried) or some other interesting cuts from it. Unless you do a lot of work yourself I don't think you're going to make any money off the tree and your more likely to have to spend money.

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
Well
As the old saying goes “why is the bride smiling so big?
Because she knows she’s gave her last B* “

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
There's a company in Horn Lake that would probably buy it. They make laminated wood flooring look for hardwood supply all the time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login